Can I use my $140 Koodo dollars towards an iPhone 7 and keep my $47 plan on tab medium?

• Question
  • Updated 7 months ago
I have an old plan where I was (or am not sure because I’m not the account payer) getting Koodo dollars on a $47 500 minutes and 1gb plan and need a new phone and want to get a iPhone 7 on the tab medium and was wondering if I can put the Koodo dollars I have towards the iPhone 7 and still keep my $47 a month plan on the tab medium. I understand I will not be able to keep collecting Koodo dollars if I still am, it’s just the guy at the kiosk said I would most likely not be able to keep the plan and use the Koodo dollars, so I would have to choose to either change my plan and use the Koodo dollars or throw away my Koodo dollars and keep my plan.
Photo of jt66

jt66

• 230 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • confused, anger,

Posted 7 months ago

Photo of Camilo_A

Camilo_A

• 31,746 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi there!

You can definitely use your positive Koodo TAB to upgrade to any phone you want and you should be good to keep your existing plan on TAB M...

Enjoy!
Photo of Goran

Goran, Mobile Master

• 97,308 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
You are actually no longer collecting a positive tab. Everyone who still had one was given a 150 dollar credit to use to any phone.

I'm not entirely sure of at which point grandfathered plans no longer can get a tab medium but as a minimum you can always get a tab small. You can go to a kiosk or purchase online and see if it makes you change plans or not.