Can I make a payment with more money than the tab requires?

  • 1
  • Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

And if so, does the extra money go towards my next payment or the end cost? For example I have a $300 phone on a $13/month tab plan. On my first month I pay $20 instead of $13. Is my next payment $6? Or is my final cost $280, $7 less than it would have been had I paid the required amount.

I have irregular employment, so it would be nice to pay for the next three months in advance if needed.
Photo of Emily Prince

Emily Prince

  • 70 Points

Posted 3 years ago

  • 1
Photo of Ahmad


  • 96,102 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
You can't make extra payments go towards your tab charge specifically. However, if you just "overpay" you'll have a credit balance that is used towards your next bill. So for example if your bikk this month is $50 and you make an $80 payment, you will have a $30 credit balance that is used towards next months bill.
Photo of Dave


  • 7,814 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
As Ahmad said you can always pay your bill in advance and it would serve as a credit towards the next month.

Keep in mind that you can not do this on a credit could do it through online banking and then pay the 3 or more months in advance. I believe paying with a credit card only allows you to pay an extra 10% of the bill or the exact amount.

I found with my bill I would always pay more every month, and as a result, I do not have to pay my bill for a while since I am now unemployed.
Photo of Yannick


  • 44,018 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi Emily, Ahmad and Dave are right! Paying more than the amount owing on your bill will just result in a credit forwarded to the next bill. There is another solution though: you can pay off partially of your Tab :) The monthly contribution won't change but the Tab will be paid off faster! This option will soon be available again on your Self Serve. In the meanwhile, this can be done over the phone at *611, option #5. Thank you!

If you see a good answer, give it a star.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.