Can i get a plan with unlimited minutes, and 500MB of data for $60?

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
I'm a little confused with the new koodo plans. I originally had a $60/month plan that came with 1GB of data and unlimited texting, and unlimited canada wide minutes. I want to switch my plan so that the only thing that's changed is the amount of data I get. Instead of getting 1GB of data I would like to just get 500MB of data but with unlimited canada wide minutes, and unlimited text messaging. Is there a way I can still get the same plan I originally got but for less than $60 and less data so that I can spend $50 a month instead of $60?  
Photo of Emily Carpenter

Emily Carpenter

• 70 Points
  • frustrated

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Chadwick

Chadwick, Mobile Master

• 33,072 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Unfortunately there is no custom plans. Please choose from a plan that is currently listed in the plans portion of thew website.

https://www.koodomobile.com/rate-plans
Photo of Goran

Goran, Mobile Master

• 90,810 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
As Chadwick said, no. If however you wish to remain within the Telus Umbrella, a don't mind shifting around, you can move over to Public Mobile. 50 a month will get you unlimited CAD talk/text an 1gb data (no smaller da bucket available on 30 days). It's 45 (135 per 90 days) a month over 90 day installments with 4gb per 90 days. 2 dollar discount for auto pay. Every year you stay with them you ge 1 a month off to 5 a month total. However I don believe that you can roam, they don't sell phones let alone have a tab, and I think I'm forgetting something else. International texting is also extra.
Photo of Bernard

Bernard, Official Rep

• 75,646 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
@ Emily, there is a possible solution. Our current $50 plan still included 1gb data and comes with 750 minutes in your bucket. It also comes with unlimited evening and weekends starting at %pm. So, depending if you can take advantage of calling later and on the weekends after the 750 minutes you could save $10 a month.
Photo of Mayumi

Mayumi, Mobile Master

• 112,838 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
I only see $50 plan with 1GB and 500 min...
Photo of Goran

Goran, Mobile Master

• 90,800 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
They got changed pretty recently actually. Maybe 2 weeks ago.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.