Can i change the credit card use to pay my bill?

  • 1
  • Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
I lost my credit card and now i have a different card, when i tried to pay my bill they said that the card is invalid because it's not card they have on file. How do i change the card they have on file to my new card?
Photo of Noor Albaiti

Noor Albaiti

  • 70 Points
  • lost

Posted 4 years ago

  • 1
Photo of Jonathan I

Jonathan I, Mobile Master

  • 114,404 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
I believe you had pre-authorized payments setup. You should be able to change the card registered in Self Serve under payment options.
Photo of George


  • 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Most of the answers to these questions are for pre-authorized payments and yet some of us are asking to change the credit card information so that self-serve payments can be accepted even though the credit card info has changed, i.e., replacement card.
Photo of Mathieu

Mathieu, Mobile Master

  • 60,848 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi George,

The same applies to your case as well (as long as I'm understanding your question correctly).

For your billing address, it must match your actual address on your profile as well there is no separate billing address available. The credit card name must also match the account holder's name. It's just for some additional security.

If you have any further questions, please create your own thread as this one has been quiet for over 2 years now!