Can i call *611 from Mexico without using up my 50 minutes

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

If I call *611 from Mexico with my $40 Int'l roaming package, will that use up some of my included 50 minutes?
Photo of Mark Besteck

Mark Besteck

• 102 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Nabil

Nabil, Employee

• 6,640 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hey Mark,

If you added an International add-on to your account, you'll be able to contact us for Free from your Koodo phone. You won't use your minutes :-). 

Thanks
Photo of Mark Besteck

Mark Besteck

• 102 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Unfortunately I cannot call *611 from Mexico, I get an automated message in Spanish that I do not understand, and it ends the call with a message window that says: "You cannot make outgoing calls while call barring is on". I cannot make any outgoing calls to friends or family either, regardless of adding 0 or 00 before the 1 or +1.

I'm a little annoyed at this! I could have paid much less money for texting only if that is all I am allowed to do!

Any ideas?
Photo of Daniel

Daniel, Employee

• 5,712 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hi Mark,

If you added a Roaming Add-on, you should have automatic access to the network in Mexico.

I suggest that you turn your phone off, remove the sim (if possible) and then turn the device back on. It should search for the closest carrier. If that doesn't work, please go to your Settings and do a Manual Network Search.

Once you have a signal, *611 should be accessible.

By the way, what did you want to ask *611?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.