Can anyone tell me if Cellphone Man is legit. They have awesome plans being offered and apparently, they are from KOODO.

• Question
  • Updated 11 months ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Photo of Mike Enciso

Mike Enciso

• 84 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of Jru Gordon

Jru Gordon

• 9,144 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
The only legit place to get plans and phones from Koodo is a Koodo shop, or a multi-brand retailer such as The Mobile Shop
Photo of Bernard

Bernard, Official Rep

• 77,736 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Tread very carefully Mike. They will ask for log in credentials and that's how ID theft happens. We have our lawyers after them as a number of customers have had issues. Also, they don't have plans. It's Koodo's plans they show you. You can switch to any of the ones at no cost as long as they are available in the province of your residence. 
Photo of Jru Gordon

Jru Gordon

• 9,144 Points 5k badge 2x thumb

I tried to view Cellphone Man's website, but it's blocked by my ISP.  Is he selling MB plans nationally?

Photo of Bernard

Bernard, Official Rep

• 77,724 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
He is inciting fraud and a chance to get your identity stolen. Would you give out your PIN to your bank account? 
Photo of Dennis

Dennis, Mobile Master

• 191,290 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
There is risk as Bernard is saying.  And there is nothing stopping Koodo from catching you and forcing you to switch to a plan from your region
Photo of Mike Enciso

Mike Enciso

• 84 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Thank you guys! That was very helpful.
Photo of Manjeet

Manjeet

• 70 Points
These comments are the biggest load of BS I've ever heard. If you go on Kijiji or Craigslist right now there are 35 different people offering cell phone plans through Koodo. If "lawyers" were after them, you must have some slow a** lawyers who are taking 3 + years of shutting them down. 

I didnt change my plan through cell phone man but I did it through someone I found on craigslist, everything went through smooth and I've been using a 5gb plan for months and months without any issues
Photo of Dennis

Dennis, Mobile Master

• 191,290 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
I hope you changed your pin
Photo of Allan

Allan, Mobile Master

• 59,336 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
And I hope you didnt use your self serve email to create your community account.
Photo of Cory

Cory

• 10,482 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Lol busted.
Photo of Manjeet

Manjeet

• 70 Points
Yes I changed my PIN. I used the same email address as its the only email address I have. I dare someone from this community to change or touch my plan and they'll be getting a call from the CCTS. 

There are hundreds of pages of forum threads on the most popular forums in Canada on how to get cheaper rates with Koodo. They've been going on for YEARS.

Anyone thinking Koodo or Telus is doing something about it like kicking people off or any of this "Fraud and identity theft" clearly has no idea whats going on. You guys probably wear a tinfoil hat all day

Enjoy your 90$ 2gb plans 
(Edited)
Photo of Allan

Allan, Mobile Master

• 59,336 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
The "deals" you get with these 3rd party peoplr are simply Manitoba, Saskatchewan or Quebec plans. It says right in Koodo's terms that they reserve the right to change your plan if it is not the right one for your current residence.
Nitty Gritty from plans page:
"5. Rate plan available for Quebec residents only. Subscribers who move to another province will be migrated to a rate plan available in that province with similar services at the monthly rate plan then available."
Photo of Cory

Cory

• 10,482 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
They have every right to change your plan. If you are getting a plan from Province X, and you reside in Province Y, you are breaking the terms. Just because they haven't caught you yet, doesn't mean they can't or won't.

I hope Bernard fixes that issue for you...
(Edited)
Photo of Bernard

Bernard, Official Rep

• 77,736 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Manjeet didn't have the courage to use his real credentials after all. 

@ Manjeet, pricing is not in scope for CCTS complaints so they will do absolutely nothing about submission relating to it. All the best!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.