calling 1-800 to US

• Question
  • Updated 7 months ago
  • Answered
I have free airtime after 5pm on weekdays. I need to call a 1-800# in the US.  Will I be charged Long Distance or airtime for this call?
Photo of PurplePeopleEater

PurplePeopleEater

• 410 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of Dennis

Dennis, Mobile Master

• 187,758 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
1-800 numbers are Long Distance Toll Free.  So as long as You are in Canada, you are good!
Photo of Goran

Goran, Mobile Master

• 91,244 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
They actually take up daytime minutes and the overage rate will kick in if gone over. Calling during unlimited hours is no problem.
(Edited)
Photo of Rüdiger Matz

Rüdiger Matz

• 172 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
since you explicitly say "as long as You are in Canada": so calling a 1-800 number from within the US will bill me just like calling any other number from the USA? I expected it to be free.
(Edited)
Photo of Goran

Goran, Mobile Master

• 91,244 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
You're roaming then so you can charged whatever rate for outgoing calls in the US but no extra charges.

PurplePeopleEater

Thank you, Dennis.

PurplePeopleEater

Just to clarify, as long as I'm making the call from Canada to the 1-800# in the US, I will not be charged airtime either?
Photo of Dennis

Dennis, Mobile Master

• 187,758 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Airtime works just like any call would.  During the day it would use your air time and during your unlimited period in the evening, it would be unlimited.

Sorry for any confusion.  I read after 5pm so I assumed the call was during your unlimited time