Call forwarding charge

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Answered
I call forward my cell phone to my home phone number fairly often; however I don't want the calls to count towards my normal airtime. I do have PPU Call Forward Toll in my plan... what's best way? Add the $3/month call forward, or do I need to add Five Essential? Much appreciated.
Photo of Tony Choi

Tony Choi

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Robert

Robert, Mobile Master

• 109,424 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Hello Tony,

In my opinion, the best option would be the 3$/month call forward. I think it won't charge you from your normal minutes. Anyone can confirm this?

http://community.koodomobile.com/kood...

Read the second post
Photo of Yannick

Yannick

• 44,018 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi Robert, with the $3 Call Forward feature, airtime will apply so it will depend on the plan (if it includes Evenings & Weekends) and on the time the call was forwarded (daytime or during the Evenings & Weekends) :)
Photo of Tony Choi

Tony Choi

Hi Yannick, my plan is the $20 Canada wide plan, which includes weekend only minutues and PPU Call Forward Toll. So in your opinion, if I call forward during weekdays, there's no point of signing up for the $3 call forward option?
Photo of Yannick

Yannick

Hey Tony, without the feature, you would be charged $0.35 per minute and the airtime will be deducted when applicable. If you plan on forwarding a lot of calls during the weekdays, you may want to change your plan to have more airtime and to add the $3 feature :)
Photo of Tony Choi

Tony Choi

Thanks for the info Yannick. What if I add the Five Essential option without the Call Forward option, will there be any extra charge if I call forward during weekdays? Thanks.
Photo of Robert

Robert, Mobile Master

I believe so, because you are using the forwarding service! The only thing it will get you is that during weekday, you won't have to use airtime minutes!
Photo of Yannick

Yannick

Robert is right! If you don't want to be deducted airtime for forwarding calls during weekdays, you should pick a plan with unlimited airtime, such as the $60 Canada-wide Data plan or the $50 Canada-wide Talk & Text plan: http://koo.do/qqOCIX
Photo of Marcus Fenix

Marcus Fenix

• 15,752 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
This doesn't make any sense. Isn't the point of the Call Forwarding feature to have incoming calls directed to another line and NOT be deducted from your plan's airtime? It makes little sense to be charged $3 for the feature if your airtime minutes are going to be used when doing the call forward.
Photo of Tony Choi

Tony Choi

Thanks both Robert and Yannick. I found something quite interesting online. Fido also has a $3/month Call Forward add-on option, and it includes 2500 forwarding minutes. Is Koodo ripping off its customers then? I'm seriously considering switching because I call forward quite a bit.
http://www.fido.ca/web/content/manage...
Photo of Tony Choi

Tony Choi

MarcusF: Exactly, doesn't make any sense at all. my friend's Rogers plan (from many years ago) doesn't even charge for call forwarding nor use airtime.
Photo of Ahmad

Ahmad

• 96,102 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
^Old and grandfathered plans that don't exist anymore.
Photo of Robert

Robert, Mobile Master

I think Koodo focuses on certain things. I don't think alot of people do wat call forwarding and this is not a reason to tell that Koodo "rips off people". Not at all.

What if all your calls were forwarded to a company-phone that you don't pay the contract. Therefore, all call would be "free". This is why it's not included.

And if you want to have something similar to what Fido offers, there is the Canada Wide Talk & Text for 35$ where you get unlimited incoming calls. So, you won't be paying for those forwarded call, what do you think?

Also, you could add the unlimited incoming calls add-on to your plan.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.