Bring Nokia Lumia 1020 to Koodo!

• Idea
  • Updated 12 months ago
  • Not Planned
The best camera phone on the market belongs on the best service provider. Let's make this marriage happen!
Photo of Captain Compliments

Captain Compliments

• 290 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Daniel Kim

Daniel Kim, Mobile Master

• 32,424 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
lol we shall see.
Photo of Jonathan I

Jonathan I, Mobile Master

• 99,678 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Probably not gonna happen. Koodo has only carried 2 windows phones before, the Lumia 610 and the 520. I don't expect to see any higher-end ones anytime soon unless there's a huge demand for it.
Photo of Ivan

Ivan, Mobile Master

• 61,274 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
I really have no idea how Koodo picks what devices it carries. There has been enough demand for the HTC One and yet nothing. Meanwhile, we're getting the entire Samsung alphabet.

I'm still for online-only options for lesser-selling brands. Koodo may be small and would have limited buying power on its own, but Telus certainly isn't and I'm sure they have the means to make this happen.
Photo of Jonathan I

• 99,678 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
I think it's part demand and part market trends... phablets have started becoming more popular but I think the Mega is in the "ridiculously large" category of phablet but the specs/price don't really make up for it, so I don't see it selling well at all.

There was a fair level of demand for the HTC One, though... I think they should consider it and price it around the $550 mark.
Photo of Robin Bodnaruk

Robin Bodnaruk

• 92 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
The problem with Koodo it seems, that in order to remain as competitive as they are - they do not carry any of the front line phones. C'mon Koodo, get with it.
Photo of Becky Chan

Becky Chan

• 62 Points
Would love to get lumia 1020 into koodo
Photo of Boolanger

Boolanger

• 9,014 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
I really don't see this happening, While it is a great device it is really a niche product, even more so then WP8.
Photo of Ivan

Ivan, Mobile Master

• 61,274 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
I'd rather see the 1520, but definitely wouldn't mind the 1020.
Photo of Robin Bodnaruk

Robin Bodnaruk

• 92 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Koodo and others lack of Windows OS phones is despicable. I'm waiting!!!
Photo of Captain Compliments

Captain Compliments

• 290 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Since the device is already on Koodo's parent company Telus it's only a matter of time. I just wish they'd speed it up.
Photo of Jonathan I

• 99,418 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
HTC Desire HD, Amaze, One S, One X, One X+, "new" One
Sony Ericsson (at the time) Xperia Ray
LG Optimus LTE, G, and G2
Samsung Rugby LTE, Note, Note II, and Note 3
Blackberry 9380, 9780, 9900
Different colors/sizes of various phones (Z10 in white, Q10 in white, Galaxy S III and 4 in white, iPhone 5C and 5S colors and higher GB models)

None of these phones have ever been on Koodo but they were all available on Telus...
Photo of Colin Harkness

Colin Harkness

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
If I bring my old Rogers Lumia 1020 in to a koodo store is there anyway they can get it to work with my current Koodo plan?
Photo of Boolanger

Boolanger

• 9,014 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
It would just need to be unlocked then you would need to download the Access point app to set the data/MMS apns

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-ca/sto...