bought new htc desire 320 prepaid kit from walmart. activation site says invalid sim! new sealed phone and sim!!

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
Just bought a new HTC desire 320 prepaid kit from walmart. Why won't the SIM activate? Activation website keeps saying invalid sim
Photo of Mike Mike

Mike Mike

• 210 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • pretty pissed off after spending 110 on a phone i cant activate

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Paul Deschamps

Paul Deschamps, Mobile Master

• 203,666 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Make sure your entering the correct # with no spaces
Photo of Mike Mike

Mike Mike

i did and still no try. does it matter if i was using the phones browser to do actiation online
Photo of rikkster

rikkster, Mobile Master

• 68,350 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Make sure you are accessing the prepaid activation site.

https://activateprepaid.koodomobile.com/
Photo of Ahmad

Ahmad

• 96,102 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
What else would he be accessing? Genuinely curious why you wanted him to make sure since prepaid activations are the only ones that can be done online anyways
Photo of rikkster

rikkster, Mobile Master

• 68,350 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
People might start to question if they're on the right site if they encounter difficulties. My input simply offers a way to verify that the person is in fact in the right place and prevents them from wandering away to say, this site:

http://help.koodomobile.com/getting-s...
Photo of Ivan

Ivan, Mobile Master

• 96,634 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
I've had a brand new SIM not be valid in the past. If the abovementioned advice did not solve your issue, you may want to give customer service a call:

Photo of Mike Mike

Mike Mike

i tried again this morning and no luck
Photo of Melissa

Melissa

• 3,184 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
did you try it in the phone and it still isnt active? sometimes the internet has a "hiccup" and it goes through but doesnt show you the page. A lot of times its cause if your like me i get excitted and press the button to submit way to many times and it just sits there. Try it in the phone and see if not i would suggest calling koodo or go back to the store and ask them if they can fix this as i have a had a ton of phones and bought sim cards off of ebay and stuff and have never had that problem.
Photo of Mike Mike

Mike Mike

its not overexcitement thats for sure hasnt worked since last night
Photo of Melissa

Melissa

• 3,184 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
did you try anything suggested mike? i know how you feel it can be pretty flustrating but usually these things can be worked out pretty easily :)
Photo of Mike Mike

Mike Mike

mel. i ultimately just went back to the walmart store where all their phones had the wrong sim card for koodo prepaid in the packaging. they sent them all back, i got my refund and went to koodo outlet where i got same phone for $2 cheaper than walmart.
Photo of David

David, Mobile Master

• 93,748 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Thanks for sharing the resolution. It will undoubtedly help others.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.