Bonus data

• Question
  • Updated 2 months ago
I activated 2 days ago and I want to change to a higher plan, some of the plans said bonus data available. My current plan doen't have bonus data, but those bonus data is for new activation, and my bill date is June 12th, I just activatived my koodo 2 days ago, if I change to those plan has bonus data, Am I able to get the bonus data?
Photo of Pengwei Xie

Pengwei Xie

• 270 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 months ago

Photo of Diego

Diego

• 274 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Hello Pengwei.

Which plan do you currently have? The extra data (2 GB and 3 GB offer) are only available on certain plans but you should be able to switch to those plans (assuming you dont have a tab) through self-serve. Otherwise you'd have to contact customer support and they could do the change for you for a $10 charge.
Photo of Pengwei Xie

Pengwei Xie

ok thank you, and do you know how long for the bonus date? 12 months?
Photo of Diego

Diego

Depending on which plan you are trying to switch to and province. The $45 2GB plan with unlimited talk and international text is permanent. The only one that the bonus data expires is on the Bonus 3GB plans $50 and up. Those bonus 3 GB will be available for 24 months upon activation.
Photo of Pengwei Xie

Pengwei Xie

I am trying to swich to the QC $35 each month with 1 GB data, and the bonus data is 1 GB,  so  am I getting this 1 GB data forever or just 12 months?
Photo of Diego

Diego

Normally if it is available for X amount of months it states (Ontario plans say bonus 3GB for 24 months) since no details are mentioned in the promotion is appears to be a permanent bonus 1GB
Photo of Pengwei Xie

Pengwei Xie

wow cool, thanks
Photo of Dinh

Dinh, Mobile Master

• 45,986 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
@Pengwei: As you are a new customer (2days), you might not be able to change plan in selfserve (need to wait for 14 days in some cases).

What plan did you have right now? The promotion was available for sometimes, you should have taken that promo 2 days ago. Anyway, you could to send a message to Koodo facebook and ask them to look into your account. you could ask them if they could waive the $10fee, as you are new and didn't know much about Koodo at the time. You should be able to get the bonus data, with the eligible plan.
(Edited)
Photo of Dinh

Dinh, Mobile Master

Well, you could try to click the change and see if they allow you.

Which plan are you trying to switch to? and which province are you in? the $45 2GB doesn't require you to be a new activation/upgrade customer. Other plans might require that you are a new customer/upgrading in the description.
(Edited)
Photo of Pengwei Xie

Pengwei Xie

QC $35/MONTH
Photo of Dinh

Dinh, Mobile Master

You could read the description of the new plan, if they didn't mention anything about new activation/upgrade, then you can do it switch in selfserve.

Eh, I just read there, the $35 is eligible with 1GB. So you had 1GB as of now because you said you activated a new plan 2 days ago?
(Edited)
Photo of Pengwei Xie

Pengwei Xie

"Bonus 1 GB of data is applicable with all new activations or with the purchase a new phone with the Tab."

But am I still the new activation? my first plan don't have bounse, but I am going to  change to the plan the have bonus.

My plane just $30 each month with 500M data, going for the  $35 each month with 1GB +1GB bonus
(Edited)
Photo of Dinh

Dinh, Mobile Master

As I mentioned earlier, you won't be able to take it (in selfserve) because you are considered as an existing customer now. You need to contact Koodo directly. Please refer to my 1st reply.
(Edited)
Photo of Dennis

Dennis, Mobile Master

• 201,104 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
I would cancel and then sign up again to get it.

However if you are in BC, they wont give you a QC plan