blacklist question

• Question
  • Updated 12 months ago
  • Answered
I have a phone on koodo, that I bought right out 2 years ago. Recently I loaned it to a friend after his was lost. I got it back and hooked it up on my account, but it was black listed today assuming something happened to my friends account.  it shows as active on my account but listed as lost/stolen on the website. How do i fix this? 
Photo of Paul Crawford

Paul Crawford

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 12 months ago

Photo of Dennis

Dennis, Mobile Master

• 187,616 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Did you buy it from Koodo?
Photo of Robert

Robert, Mobile Master

• 103,784 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Did you check if blacklisted over here https://www.devicecheck.ca/consumers/
Photo of Paul Crawford

Paul Crawford

yes I did, it is %100 blacklisted. but not from my account. 
Photo of Goran

Goran, Mobile Master

• 90,800 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
This definitely requires speaking with a Koodo Rep. Was your friend also with Koodo when you loaned him the phone? I assume that you bought it from Koodo? So long as proof of purchase is available I see no reason why it cannot be removed from the blacklist. It's definitely weird that the phone itself got blacklisted at all as it was paid off in full and you didn't get it out on the blacklist. You should send a private message to Koodo via Facebook Messenger or DM via Twitter to get it sorted out.
Photo of Paul Crawford

Paul Crawford

but the thing is it is registered to my account in which it is in good standing. 
Photo of Goran

Goran, Mobile Master

They certainly can and especially if it's back in the original owner's possession.

There's a lot of differing beliefs when it comes to the blacklist and it's quite annoying and difficult to dig through it all.
Photo of Paul Crawford

Paul Crawford

yes I will do that for sure. Thank you for the advice. 
Photo of Goran

Goran, Mobile Master

Let us known how it goes!