Blackberry q10 upgrade question

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
Upgrading to the blackberry q10 I was wondering if I upgrade to the q10 for free with my tab if I would be able to keep my monthly bill I pay now?
Photo of Paul Walker

Paul Walker

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Rocky Balboa

Rocky Balboa

• 20,414 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Any tab would have to be payed off prior to upgrading. As long as you get your next phone on the medium tab ($300 substidy) your plan would stay the same. Only difference is there would be a $5 tab charge applied to ensure you'll have the tab payed within 2 years.
Photo of Jonathan I

Jonathan I, Mobile Master

• 114,344 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
And the plan would have to be $30 or higher (newer $29 plan counts, too).
Photo of Some random Mobile Master

Some random Mobile Master, Mobile Master

• 39,554 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
You would also need to make sure the location you're buying from still has some Q10's in stock as the phone isn't "officially" sold anymore at Koodo.
Photo of Chad Burr

Chad Burr, Mobile Master

• 203,868 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Even though it's awesome. Sent from my Q10.
Photo of Some random Mobile Master

Some random Mobile Master, Mobile Master

• 39,554 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hehehe. I've been trying to source a Z10 for a couple days and only came up with either "new, but way too expensive" or "used like there was no tomorrow, but 50% off" :-(
Photo of Ahmad

Ahmad

• 96,102 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
I second what Chad said. Also sent from my Q10 :P
Photo of Jonathan I

Jonathan I, Mobile Master

• 114,344 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Yeah the Q10 was sweet, I'm debating getting one back after selling mine, but I found a Z10 gem instead:

Miraculously found 1 still in inventory at one of the stores in our district today (7 left in the company) and for giggles, I had my colleague start the upgrade process today since I'm not allowed to do my own sales. Retail price said $200, so that's $50 on a Tab S! It was never even sold to anyone so it's literally brand new/never been activated. That's pretty awesome.

I immediately upgraded and got the paperwork signed but our computer system rang through the phone at $500 retail, its last original price before we had to RMA it. We contacted our IT department and they said they're working on the deal with Koodo because it's been out of date for so long, Koodo can't verify what credits they're going to give us for the phone anymore so this may turn out to be a dud, but if all goes well I will have landed an awesome deal!!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.