Blackberry

• Idea
  • Updated 1 year ago
  • Not Planned
Koodo needs to carry the blackberry line. All I want in life is a solid keyboard and I cannot get that with a dumb iPhone. Please bring in at least one keyboard blackberry(classic).
Photo of Hailey Frazzle

Hailey Frazzle

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
  • sad

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Jonathan I

Jonathan I, Mobile Master

• 114,364 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
I agree, there needs to be some BB love.
Photo of Ry

Ry

• 5,552 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
I picked up a 99 dollar Telus prepaid q5 for a family member to use on Koodo. Not as nice as the classic, but good value
Photo of Ivan

Ivan, Mobile Master

• 96,382 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
I picked up a second-hand mint Leap for $275 recently. Very happy with it.
Photo of shelley

shelley

• 2,884 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
You can purchase a prepaid BB Q5 (Telus network- can be used with Koodo) at Best Buy for $129.99 before taxes. I own a Q5 (bought at Koodo when they carried them). Sometimes they are on sale for $99.99. It's a lower end model compared to the Classic. I've owned mine a year without any issues. A great phone!

I agree it would be great if Koodo could carry a few models. BB's are great devices. :)
Photo of Mathieu Carrier

Mathieu Carrier

• 4,124 Points 4k badge 2x thumb
Preach
Photo of Edward Choi

Edward Choi

• 134 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
absolutely agreed!
Photo of Mitchell Palmater

Mitchell Palmater

• 12,976 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
I'll definitely chime in and say it would be nice to include the Canadian company in the phone selection.
However Koodo did used to sell blacberry and if anyone knows whether or not that venture would be profitable, Koodo would.
There's just not enough interest.

Most BB users are business people with corporate plans through Telus. Most people headin to Koodo want the iphones and samsungs etc.

That being said, I would love to own a Priv =p
Photo of Pizzawheel

Pizzawheel

• 136 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
If Koodo expects us to go and get our own phones, they need to reinstate the "bring your own device" discount. 

I would totally understand if blackberries- and any other niche models- are internet order only rather than stocked at the shops/ booths. But they need to be available. 

My Q5 is on the way out and needs replacing and koodo does not offer a single handset that interests me. My TAB balance is already +$50. Losing customers that don't even want to leave the network is the most basic business screw up there is. 

Dissapointed & Frustrated. 
Photo of Goran

Goran, Mobile Master

• 91,244 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
I own a blackberry and I accept that its less than niche at this point. 600k total device sales last quarter and I expect it to dip below 500k on the earnings call next week. The tab is basically a no interest loan now with sales thrown in sometimes as exceptions to the rule. Besides, if you really want to support BlackBerry, I would suggest buying direct anyways so they get 100% of the cash. I also would not pick carriers on what phones they offer.
Photo of Pizzawheel

Pizzawheel

• 136 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
True, I just found that Virgin has dropped BB too. It still irks me that I'm building this tab balance that I can't use though- beyond getting a phone for free and selling it on. I'd sooner have a monthly discount. 
Photo of Kathy

Kathy

• 338 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I agree with you, Pizza and Mitchell. My tab balance is + $140 and growing and I would like a BB PRIV. Am waiting for Koodo to carry them again.
Photo of Goran

Goran, Mobile Master

Koodo will not. The new flagship is the dtek60, and if the leaks are correct, they barely more than 10000 dtek50s and we're obligated by contract to order at least 20k dtek60s. Private sales have dropped greatly since Koodo last carried them as well. If you want a priv, I suggest looking at Kijiji, eBay, or buy from blackberry during their next sale.
Photo of Kathy

Kathy

• 338 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Leaks? Why is it every time I post talking about how I want a BB, someone refers to leaks or rumours.  I don't want to buy outside and bring it in.  I want to use my tab. Others do too.
Photo of Terry L Newman

Terry L Newman

• 72 Points
If I purchase an unlocked Blackberry passport, can I use it on the Koodo network?
Photo of Goran

Goran, Mobile Master

Yes. For future reference you can use willmyphonework.net to see for jsut about any phone on any carrier.
You'll be looking for 850/1900mhz for 3G and 1700/2100 for LTE and more and more 2600mhz as well.
Photo of Terry L Newman

Terry L Newman

• 72 Points
Thank you!!