billing system is a joke

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

I'm really not getting your billing system. You text me with a due date then cut my phone off,. Once at Chritsmas then at a funeral both times I'm out of town. Then charge me 35.00
Photo of Dave Brown

Dave Brown

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • sad

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Zaphod Beeblebrox

Zaphod Beeblebrox

• 50,798 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Paying your bill on time would prevent any suspensions. They only suspend services if there is at least two bills past due.
Photo of Rocky Balboa

Rocky Balboa

• 20,414 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Unless it's a CLP account

Zaphod Beeblebrox

Even on the CLP, there is a chance it can still be under $200 after 2 - 3 months of non-payment.
Photo of Dave Brown

Dave Brown

Really just paid them 118.00 in Jan and now I have a bill for 182,00. If you get a bill you pay it before due date If I receive a text from koodo with my due date then??
and phone is cut off embarrassing
Photo of KaneSlavik

KaneSlavik

• 6,464 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
So call them and have an actual agent look into it instead of just guessing. Maybe it has nothing to do with billing and has to do with a network issue.
Photo of Camilo_A

Camilo_A

• 30,702 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Collection path depends on credit class with Koodo, so it could be shorter or longer depending on payment history, broken payment arrangements, etc..
Photo of Rocky Balboa

Rocky Balboa

Anytime you risk a past due balance getting carried over you risk the chance of your services being suspended. Along comes late payment charges, reconnection charges at $35 plus the bill that is due and owing. Point being, it's important to ensure your bills are payed in full and on time to prevent this from happening.
Photo of Sophia

Sophia, Mobile Master

• 140,864 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Having a cell phone plan is not free, nor without obligations, Dave. It does pay to pay... so to say :)
Photo of Chad Burr

Chad Burr, Mobile Master

• 203,838 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
You're not going to get any sympathy here. Pay your bill or login to self serve to make payment arrangements. I get an emailed bill every month. I think you only get a text when you're late.

Zaphod Beeblebrox

I get a text and email when my bill is ready. The text first, then email shortly after :P
Photo of KaneSlavik

KaneSlavik

• 6,464 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
If you are past due, then you run the risk of your service being suspended. If you are on the Spending Cap and you hit $200 or more, then the account will suspend itself.
Photo of Dave Brown

Dave Brown

Lots of help here service reps thanks. I just don't understand the due date My due with last text is Mar 6 my phone had no service Feb 26 went to service centre and inquired about this rep told me people have same issue al most every day. Buying phone out moving on thks people for the support. Never have I had this with any before
Photo of Sophia

Sophia, Mobile Master

• 140,814 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
We're not "service reps", we're fellow customers like yourself... most of us get bills too :)
Photo of Mayumi

Mayumi, Mobile Master

• 111,936 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
If you go over your limit, your service will be suspended even before your due date.
http://help.koodomobile.com/my-bill/s...
Photo of Dave

Dave

• 7,814 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
If you have a spending limit then Koodo will take what has already been billed and any unbilled charges that are not on your bill yet - if these go over $200 (spending limit) then your account is suspended. And then a $35 reconnection charge is added to your next bill as well.
Photo of Chad Burr

Chad Burr, Mobile Master

• 203,838 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
How do you normally pay your bill? Is it through your bank? Are you sure you have the right account number setup?

Are you on the credit limit program?
Photo of Dave Brown

Dave Brown

Yep service reps not hard to tell. Thanks moving on.

Zaphod Beeblebrox

I guess what Sophia said was ignored...

Maybe you should call Koodo since none of us can see your account. They can give youmore details as to why this happened...
Photo of Sophia

Sophia, Mobile Master

• 140,814 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
You didn't come here with a question, Dave, you came with a complaint. I don't see why you should be leaving in a huff because people don't agree with what you were saying: that Koodo's billing system is a joke. Every single one who answered you today is reasonable and understanding otherwise, and if you'd posted your message as a question ("how do I see when and what I owe on my bill?", for example), you'd find everybody quite helpful.

Still, I wish you all the best, bye :)
Photo of Rocky Balboa

Rocky Balboa

Yep take it as a learning experience. Honestly, you're just hurting yourself in the long run by not paying by costing yourself more $$$.
Photo of Timo Tuokkola

Timo Tuokkola, Mobile Master

• 138,310 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
It seem that our friend Dave has redefined service rep to mean anyone who doesn't agree that Koodo is in the wrong.
Photo of Some random Mobile Master

Some random Mobile Master, Mobile Master

• 39,554 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Also, good luck "moving on" with any other provider with service interruptions and late bills on your credit report.
Photo of Jorden

Jorden, Mobile Master

• 33,404 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
I guess it's time to start fighting for paycheques hey guys?
Photo of Ivan

Ivan, Mobile Master

• 95,796 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
A big virtual star for Timo's reply.
Photo of Dave

Dave

• 7,814 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Mr. Brown is right - some of us are service reps, but ALL of us on here are (or have been) Koodo customers.

We are on here as Koodo customers to help out others and because it is a bit of a game with the point system and badges.

There are people that are on here as employees (they are not that hard to pick out - it says employee next to their name), but everybody else is doing this to help others

Understandable that you want to complain about your bill, but you really are complaining to the wrong forum, we don't see personal information - if you wanted to complain about a bill, or get details that you cannot find on self serve then the people that you want to call and talk to are customer service so that they can explain things on your bills to you.

I am glad that I come on here and I learn something new from the other people on this forum....so if they are all "customer service reps" then thank you to all.
Photo of Steve

Steve

• 4,030 Points 4k badge 2x thumb
I prefer to pay my bill in advance, before it is due. Radical concept!
Photo of Ivan

Ivan, Mobile Master

• 95,796 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
You may want to look into automatic payments. It's what I do so I don't forget to pay my bill. During my 15 months as a customer, automatic payments have ensured that my bill is always paid off on time.

In fact, I do that with all my services, and even the credit card used is setup to take the minimum payment from my bank account if I forget (I don't like to keep a balance and pay interest, but at least it doesn't count as a missed payment). I realize that some people want to see their bill before they authorize payment, but if there are issues then I'll fight it later. I don't want to run the risk of damaging my credit rating.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.