Billed twice

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
I was moving to another province so I bought new Koodo sim card and got new number. After moving to new province, I changed my number and Plan. After that I ported my number but when I saw the bill, I have been charged twice for old number and new number witch I proted. Please advice me what to do
Photo of JATIN PATEL

JATIN PATEL

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Goran

Goran, Mobile Master

• 90,950 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Were you charged for service past the day you said you wanted to end your old number? Because otherwise you will continue to get charged for the original line regardless of whether or not you got a "new" one unless you cancel it.
Photo of Bernard

Bernard, Official Rep

• 75,648 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
You are not charged twice Jatin. When you change numbers your plans get prorated that's all.
Photo of JATIN PATEL

JATIN PATEL

I got the Koodo Number last month. I chose $ 25 plan. I saw in the month of June Prorated bill for one week and additional bill for next month. I changed the number on June 14 2016 but I kept the same plan.  In the month of July I ported my old number to replace the number I chose in the month of June. On July 15, I am paying $ 7 for prorated bill + 25 for the month of June + $ 46 twice for the month of July on my old Number plus the number which I ported to Koodo from Rogers. Please advise me.
Photo of Bernard

Bernard, Official Rep

• 75,646 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Is the account under your name?
Photo of JATIN PATEL

JATIN PATEL

It is on my cousin's name. But I make the payment every month.
Photo of Bernard

Bernard, Official Rep

• 75,170 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Ok, he is authorized user and he needs to have you authorized on the account.
Photo of JATIN PATEL

JATIN PATEL

Yes I have an authorization.
Photo of Bernard

Bernard, Official Rep

• 75,646 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Still need the name to find the account.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.