Battery Drain

• Question
  • Updated 4 weeks ago
I have a Samsung s5. 6 or 8 months ago I started having a problem where the screen would go black and not turn back on for 5 mins or so. When it did the screen woukd flash with green lines then work as normal. I researched and found it was a glitch that could be fixed by turning up the screen brightness. So I don't have that issue any more but my battery drains sooooo quickly now and I'm sick of it. I have to charge it twice a day. I bought a new battery and there is no improvement. How can I remove the glitch so I can go back to better battery life? Thanks!
Photo of megavolts30

megavolts30

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • frustrated

Posted 1 month ago

Photo of Mats

Mats

• 24,654 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
You could try following the advice in this link about battery drain with the S5.

https://thedroidguy.com/2018/07/solutions-for-galaxy-s5-battery-drain-issue-1049822#Problem3
Photo of Paul Deschamps

Paul Deschamps, Mobile Master

• 206,396 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
I'd try doing a factory reset if you havet already especially if you haven't since updating the phones software. Make sure to back everything up first with Google and Samsung switch prior to resetting as this will make the device like it came software wise.
Photo of Shutdown

Shutdown

• 642 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Use black/dark background. That should improve your battery since you have OLED screen. Also try factory reset and if your not willing to try do that at least try clearing the "cache partition".
Photo of Dennis

Dennis, Mobile Master

• 201,104 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Screen on time is one of the biggest drain on battery life.  Your increased brightness could be the cause