Any idea when Android 4.3 Jelly Bean coming out for Samsung Galaxy S4 i337M?

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Answered
I hope someone or Koodo staffs would have the information when will Android 4.3 coming out for Samsung Galaxy S4.
Photo of Sandip M.

Sandip M.

• 160 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • excited

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Timo Tuokkola

Timo Tuokkola, Mobile Master

• 142,506 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
No.
Photo of Sophia

Sophia, Mobile Master

• 142,984 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Didn't 4.3 just come out (released by Samsung), Sandip? In that case, usually providers follow a few weeks (hopefully) or a few months (more likely) later :) If you are really, really brave you could try flashing it manually, but I personally would wait :)
Photo of Paul Deschamps

Paul Deschamps, Mobile Master

• 203,554 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
The international model has just started getting 4.3 so it will be awhile before carrier models do, usually a month later at the very soonest and thats being very optimistic. *Dont try to flash the version of 4.3 that just got released for the international verion if the S4 it wont work and could make your phone inoperable *
Photo of Robert

Robert, Mobile Master

• 106,940 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Guess it would be the same for the KitKat version?...
Photo of Paul Deschamps

Yep, you won't see kitkat on the S4 for a good 3-6 months after its announced with the Nexus 5
Photo of Ivan

Ivan, Mobile Master

• 96,634 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
This may be of interest to you:

http://mobilesyrup.com/2013/10/18/sam...
Photo of Paul Deschamps

If it is the 9505 that has released already then Im wrong and it is possible to flash it
Photo of Sandip M.

Sandip M.

I'm so confused about Android version number. Now they are coming 4.4 and we will not be getting 4.4 for our Samsung Galaxy S4. I guess Samsung is following behind their schedule.
Photo of Paul Deschamps

Samsung not falling behind at all, companies like Samsung don't even get to see the newest version of Android till the public does & then they have to take it and adapt it to each and every phone they are going to apply it to. Then they have to test it extensively to make sure it's working and the are no bugs on each different model and each variant of that model. It takes a lot of work to do this. Then after Samsung tests it the carriers get it to add their bloat ware and then they have to test it for issues and bugs. Then they have to send it back to Samsung for final approval from them and so they can roll it out. With different variants and so many carriers this entire process takes a very long time. This is with any Android devices except the Nexus devices that Google builds the OS for initially, so if you want fast updates the only way is to buy Nexus devices.
Photo of Sandip M.

Sandip M.

I'm surprised that India gets 4.3 for their Samsung Galaxy S4:

http://gadgets.ndtv.com/mobiles/news/...

Is Canada getting it soon?
Photo of Riz Sarwar

Riz Sarwar

• 60 Points
Not sure about India but in Canada, 4.3 will come to the big companies first (rogers, bell, koodoo etc) allowing them to add their bloatware after which they will test and then release to the public/subcribers. Usually a month or so later, look at possibly mid-november to december. Hopefully I am wrong though.
Photo of Keith Linnard

Keith Linnard

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
You guys keep talking about carriers adding their bloatware before releasing it to the public...but if you do some research, you will discover that Samsung puts it in there for them, so when they get it to "test it" it already has the carrier apps. Samsung is to blame, not Bell/Telus/Rogers (BTW Koodo's CSC only installs Samsung Bloat and nothing else). ALL OF THE CANADIAN VERSIONS (I337M) have IDENTICAL firmware. If you are not afraid to use ODIN, root your device, use a CSC changer, change it from Bell or whoever to Koodo's CSC, reboot, then factory reset to clear out the root. DO NOT install CWM or TWRP as THAT is what voids your warranty (unless your smart like me and know how to revert it so Samsung doesn't know...yes its possible haha). I understand that changes with KNOX in 4.3 though :( Boo Samsung haha.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.