Any plans for Koodo VoLTE + WiFi Calling on older devices like my S7 Edge?

• Question
  • Updated 1 month ago
  • (Edited)
I know VoLTE and WiFi Calling was recently released for the LG V30 and later, but just wondering if and when for something like my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge (SM-G935W8).

Note that I'd have to flash the Koodo CSC via Odin, but not really asking about that (unless you happen to know how it'll work out). It was bought straight from Samsung, but the first SIM I put in wasn't Koodo's, so yeah.

Basically, are there any plans to support older devices than the LG V30? If so, does that include the S7 Edge, which is supported by Telus?
Photo of J.L.

J.L.

• 94 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
  • undecided

Posted 1 month ago

Photo of Dennis

Dennis, Mobile Master

• 196,488 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
If it is supported by Telus, I think it will eventually arrive at Koodo.  Just have to wait since Koodo takes their sweet time with this stuff
Photo of J.L.

J.L.

Thanks, though TBH the Telus device support information was second-hand. For some reason, I can't seem to find the official list of supported devices on the Telus website...
(Edited)
Photo of J.L.

J.L.

Hmm, but I see many Google results for VoLTE on devices as old as a S6...
Photo of Deb Achen

Deb Achen

• 566 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
What are the advantages of this? Am I missing something in seeing any?
Photo of Deb Achen

Deb Achen

• 566 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Ok, got it. Basically improved quality. I do hate talking on my cell vs landline, so haven't quite got to the point of being ready to give up the landline. This might accomplish that.