Alcatel Onetouch A392A cellphone?

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
How do I copy my contacts either from my PC or my Iphone to my Alcatel OneTouch A392A cellphone?
Photo of Dieter

Dieter

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Mathieu

Mathieu, Mobile Master

• 60,828 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Based on the user guide I found, you can only create new contacts or copy to/from contacts from your SIM card. Read more about it in Section 5 here: http://help.koodomobile.com/Portals/0...
Photo of Dieter

Dieter

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

I looked at the user guide. Not helpful.

Whats a SIM card? Do I remove it and plug in in to a PC somehow (like a memory stick)?

Do I access this card via some combination of keystrokes?

Do I open up the Phone to get access to it? If so how?

Photo of Mathieu

Mathieu, Mobile Master

The SIM  card is how you receive your network coverage. The card in your phone is a Standard SIM, however on the iPhone since the 4th generation of the phone uses the micro SIM card, which is not compatible with your phone.

The only way to transfer contacts to that phone seems to be to save contacts to the SIM card on the iPhone you had then putting the SIM card back into your Alcatel phone. Otherwise you have to reenter them all manually.
Photo of grampad

grampad

• 1,876 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
If you have a Gmail account you can sync your contacts to Gmail and when you add the Gmail account to your new device all contacts should sync. It will work with an iPhone too. Google it for all the info from a pc so you can read and set up the phone while it is in front of you.
Photo of Mathieu

Mathieu, Mobile Master

This phone model dosn't support that kind of account synchronization.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.