alcatel one touch pop icon

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
Hello, my koodo phone (Alcatel One Touch Pop Icon) is having an issue with the text messages app. The text icon shows a "1" as if there was an unread message, but there actually aren't any unread messages. Can anybody help me? Thanks in advance
Photo of Franci

Franci

• 92 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Ahmad

Ahmad

• 96,102 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Try power cycling your phone. Basically, turning it off and back on again and see if it works. If the battery is removable, also take out your battery for 30 seconds and put it back in and then turn your phone back on.
Photo of Franci

Franci

I have tried both, but it still shows up as if there was an unread message :( what else could I try? Thanks so much for your help
Photo of Curtis

Curtis

• 1,330 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Hi Franci,

You should be able to pull down the status bar of your phone to see all the notifications. There'll be a button that to clear the notifications up at the top-right of the screen, just left of the settings button.

Let us know if that helps.

Franci

Hello Curtis,

Unfortunately no button the clear the notifications appears. There actually are no notifications if I pull down the status bar, there is just a "1" where the icon for the text messaging icon is, in the menu and whenever the phone is locked.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.