ALCATEL A392CC sim card not recognized

• Question
  • Updated 1 year ago
  • Answered
ALCATEL A392CC I have gone to register my sim card, charged my battery, inserted my sim card, turned on and off my phone and I am get getting a message th that myphone has no sim card. I have tried reinserting the card 3x
Photo of Carole

Carole

• 130 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of rikkster

rikkster, Mobile Master

• 68,314 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Carole,

If I'm not mistaken, the SIM card tray is located under the battery on this phone. Remove the battery cover and the battery. With the brass coloured contacts facing down and the angled edge towards the top of the phone, slide the SIM Card into the SIM Card tray. There is another slot above the SIM card tray for a microSD card, which is used to expand the phones' storage. Is there any chance you may have inserted the SIM card incorrectly?
Photo of Carole

Carole

After the first attempt at placing the sim card , I Looked online and followed the instructions in the photo.  I had been placing the sim card in the right place all 3 times.

it slides in under a silver colored bracket with the angled edge towards the top of the phone. I still get the same message, no sim card.

Photo of rikkster

rikkster, Mobile Master

It's possible you may have a defective SIM card, rare, but it does happen.
Photo of Carole

Carole

so what do I do now. the new simcard and phone came from koodo
Photo of rikkster

rikkster, Mobile Master

If the phone was purchased recently, you have 15 days to return or exchange the phone from date of purchase. Your best option would be to take the phone and SIM card to a Koodo kiosk and have them try a new SIM card.
(Edited)
Photo of Carole

Carole

The phone was supposed to be delivered Jan 09 but it didn't get delivered until Jan 26.  I am disabled and rely on a special transit service that has to be booked in advance.  I also am working 70hrs a week.  Is there anyway to just send the defective sim card somewhere or do I have to send the whole phone in?  Where would I send it back to?

Photo of rikkster

rikkster, Mobile Master

Koodo should honour the 15-day return period from the date you signed for and received the phone.

If you want to return your order, you can return it within 15 days of purchasing, as long as it’s in like-new condition, including all accessories and proof of purchase. Email us at koodo.webstore@koodomobile.com to get started on your return. We’ll send you a self-addressed envelope to ship the phone back to us. (Excerpt from Koodo's returns page).

I'm sorry to hear that you've had to go through this Carole, I'm hoping this phone issue gets resolved asap.
Photo of Carole

Carole

Its been 2 weeks since koodo said they would send me a Purolator envelope. I still haven't received an envelope and I am STUCK WITH A  PHONE THAT DOES NOT WORK. NOW ITS OUTSIDE THE 15 DAYS  BECAUSE U TOOK TOO LONG TO SEND ME AN ENVELOPE. WHERE IS THE ENVELOPE TO RETURN THIS STUPID PHONE AND I HOPE I AM NOT BEING CHARGED FOR THIS MONTH OF SERVICE THAT I CANT USE MY PHONE.

Photo of Carole

Carole

WHY CANT I GET AN ENVELOPE TO SEND THIS FUCKING PHONE BACK, I AM FURIOUS THAT I AM NOW STUCK WITH A PHONE THAT DOESNT WORK AND PAYING FOR A SERVICE THAT I CANT USE BECAUSE I DONT  HAVE A PHONE THAT WORKS

Photo of Carole

Carole

I DONT FEEL I SHOULD BE CHARGED FOR ANOTHER PHONE AS IT IS KOODO THAT HASNT SENT ME AN ENVELOPE

Photo of Allan

Allan, Mobile Master

• 62,352 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Carole. This is a community of customers just like you so unless a Koodo Rep steps in we cant help. If you'd like assitance directly from Koodo you can email or call them. As well you can contact them online through facebook (https://m.me/Koodo) or through Twitter DM. If you explain to them your situation; they will have that you contacted them on file, you most likely wont be charged any extra money. Just make sure to do so in a polite way and they will be more than happy to serve you!
Photo of Ranjan

Ranjan, Official Rep

• 30,250 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
HI Carole - I had the team look into this a bit more and it looks like the return mailer is waiting for pick-up at your local post office (guess they weren't able to deliver it to you for whatever reason). I've looked up the address and hours of the Shoppers close to you to help.

Going by the notes on the tracking info., they'll hold it all week but will return it back to us if it's not picked up by this weekend.

(Edited)