Advance notice of phones that will be carried by Koodo would help consumers better plan.

• Idea
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Implemented
Having an idea of what phones Koodo may carry in the future would be beneficial.Carrying the new Moto X and Nexus phone when they come out would be great! 
Photo of C

C

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Scott Lougheed

Scott Lougheed

• 1,402 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
In general, I agree, however I suspect Koodo and other companies are really at the mercy of the manufacturers as to when they can make any announcements.
Photo of Robert

Robert, Mobile Master

• 105,020 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
And, Koodo does pre-announce phone. For example, it announced the iPhone 6 + the Note 4 in the last 2 weeks...
Photo of Timo Tuokkola

Timo Tuokkola, Mobile Master

• 141,312 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
It also helps competitors better plan.
Photo of Some random Mobile Master

Some random Mobile Master, Mobile Master

• 39,554 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Them carriers coming out with the exact same plans on the very same day, every time, sure helps reinforce the perception that they compete with each other instead of, you know, working together...........
Photo of Ahmad

Ahmad

• 96,102 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
^Exactly what Timo said. Customers usually think about themselves when they think of ideas and not actually how it affects Koodo (the business side) which is why most ideas are rejected.
Photo of John Lee

John Lee

• 36,724 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Koodo's Facebook page has all the official announcements. You should like that page and get notified.
Photo of Some random Mobile Master

Some random Mobile Master, Mobile Master

• 39,554 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
I'm still of the opinion that the net result of that secrecy about upcoming devices is an actual loss of customers.

Some will wait for "official" annoucements (or just to keep the hope alive), but many will jump ship because a particular device has been announced.

If the 2 put together is a negative number, then this practice is costing Koodo some business. I don't have official numbers, though, this is only speculation on my part. But I still wouldn't be surprised if this was the case.

If it doesn't not have any negative impact on their end results, then I'll eat back my words :oP

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.