Adding Tab to existing plan

• Question
  • Updated 7 months ago
Hello, I'm currently in Ontario and have a plan that i originally brought my own phone to. I am now interested in adding a medium tab to my account but do not want to change my current plan.  Is there any chance of my plan being changed to a current plan if i add a tab to get a new phone.
Photo of Robert

Robert

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 7 months ago

Photo of Allan

Allan, Mobile Master

• 59,094 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
As long as you have a tab medium plan than you are okay. What plan do you currently have right now?

As well, you will be prompted at the checkout to switch plans if you are required to do so. You dont have to worry about it automatically doing it on you.
(Edited)
Photo of David

David, Mobile Master

• 91,346 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
It depends. There are certain minimum plan spends to get a phone on a Tab. For the most part, you can use Tab Small with just about any plan to make a purchase. However, some high end phones may be unavailable on a Tab Small. If your plan is not large enough to support a Tab Medium, then yes, you would have to upgrade plan to gain the benefit of the Tab.

Photo of Robert

Robert

i currently have 5gb unlimited minutes $49. i don't see this plan being currently offered so i do not want to lose it.
Photo of Allan

Allan, Mobile Master

• 55,912 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
You will be good to purchase a phone on tab medium.
(Edited)
Photo of Robert

Robert

i would like to add an iPhone 8 on a medium tab
Photo of Allan

Allan, Mobile Master

https://www.koodomobile.com/phones/ip...
Choose the model and colour and checkout. All should be fine for you!
(Edited)
Photo of Robert

Robert

is the plan reviewed before the medium tab and phone are approved or is the amount being paid for the plan the only thing reviewed
Photo of Allan

Allan, Mobile Master

When you go to add the phone to your cart it will bring you to a checkout page. If your plan is incompatible, I prompt will appear telling you to change to a new plan. Otherwise, you will be able to checkout normally.
Photo of Robert

Robert

Thanks Allan