activation problem

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: 1-866-995-6636

I have just bought my prepaid sim card I have activated in online but since yesterday it cannot find any network. I have checked- my phone is deblocated(it works with 3 different cards) What I am supposted to do?
Photo of Victoria Trifonova

Victoria Trifonova

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Marcus Fenix

Marcus Fenix

• 15,752 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Try doing a battery pull(leave phone on while taking the battery out, wait 1 minute then put it back in).
Photo of Chris Petersens

Chris Petersens

• 47,266 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Putting the phone on airplane mode could help too.

Victoria Trifonova

Thank you guys but none of this worked. I have tried the sim to another phone and it still doesn;t work. Could be problem with the sim card?
Photo of John Lee

John Lee

• 36,724 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Might be a problem with the SIM card. If you have time, visit a Koodo shop and test a different SIM card and see if it works.

Are you sure that you properly activated the SIM card? Service isn't on 2G enabled or anything like that in the settings?

Victoria Trifonova

No, no that's fine at least :) Someone told me that the card for this phone (htc) shoyld be USIM and not a SIM. Do you know what the difference is?
Photo of MykeC

MykeC

• 20,174 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hey Victoria, we do not use USIM cards, just normal sim cards. There is a difference, but it's not worth going into the exact differences. If you are still having issues with your phone getting activated, give us a call from another line (1-866-995-6636 Option 6) for assistance.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.