Acer Liquid Z220 can't send texts, but can receive texts and call

• Question
  • Updated 1 year ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: 1-866-995-6636

I bought the phone on May 10th. I didn't buy the sim card until the 16th. Activated the pre-paid plan on the the 18th. I tested by texting someone, and it worked until 10:27pm on the same day. After that I couldn't send out any more texts.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!
Photo of Heather Chang

Heather Chang

• 140 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • Confused

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of HippieLongstocking

HippieLongstocking

• 24,720 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hey Heather!

Try pulling out battery and SIM, if this doesn't work you will have to call customer service for troubleshooting, Toll free number is 1-866-995-6636 or *611 from your phone
Photo of Heather Chang

Heather Chang

Or is it that I select the last option to talk to someone and they won't charge my five bucks unless I ask them to make changes to my account?
Photo of HippieLongstocking

HippieLongstocking

• 24,720 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
just call customer service wait til you get a rep and request technical support. They charge $5 to the account only if you need to make changes to the account like changing your phone number or topping up as you can do that on self serve yourself, they don't charge you for asking a question or for help, its very misleading just ignore it.
Photo of Heather Chang

Heather Chang

Ohhh. Thank you!
Photo of Kel

Kel

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
go to settings - select apps - go to all - select messaging -  select clear data - select force stop - select ok. Try sending SMS again.
Photo of Jon Norris

Jon Norris

• 62 Points
Kel's suggestion worked in my case. Thanks :)

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.