Account cancellation

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Answered
If you had accounts with Telus Mobility and they were written off to collection agencies, can Koodo cancel your account even if you have a good payment history because of this?

I'm aware of the credit limit program that I'm currently on but this is the only concern I have about my account.
Photo of Linda Ferguson

Linda Ferguson

• 230 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Sophia

Sophia, Mobile Master

• 142,994 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Hi Linda, sorry to hear that! I am not entirely certain about this (others will correct me I'm sure) but I think that as long as you make sure you pay all your Koodo bills on time you won't get into trouble... it might even help you get your credit back in good health :)
Photo of Linda Ferguson

Linda Ferguson

• 230 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
The reason why I asked is that I don't want to be without a phone as its my only phone. I switched to Koodo because it would save me a lot of money in the long run. I do intend to pay my bills on time.
Photo of Camilo_A

Camilo_A

• 31,746 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi Linda... I have never heard of someone that was cancelled because of a written off account with Telus... As sophia said, keep paying your bills on time, and your account will remain in good shape... Try to make arrangements with the collection agencies to keep in good shape your credit rating...

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.