account active but can't receive text or send text

• Question
  • Updated 2 months ago
account active but can't receive text or send text.  My Previous post with the same title "account active but can't receive text or send text" was not solved.  I called three times to Koodo and after 2 hours on hold, they cut you off.  I emailed, but no reply.  I still can not send or receive text or phone calls from the "Active" account.  KOODO PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!
Photo of jhtrainingservices

jhtrainingservices

• 232 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • VERY FRUSTRATED

Posted 7 months ago

Photo of Dinh

Dinh, Mobile Master

• 41,784 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Have you tried to restart the phone, take the SIM out and reinsert the SIM back?
It was painful with calling these days. My suggestion, if you call, is to call them early 9.am in the morning.

jhtrainingservices

Tried these things. It's been since December 15th!! No support from Koodo.
Photo of BobTheElectrician

BobTheElectrician

• 67,356 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Pull the SIM, restart without it. That will zero out the connection. Then re-insert the SIM and restart.

If still no joy, head to a Koodo store (if convenient) and have them test your phone and SIM with their equipment.
Photo of Dinh

Dinh, Mobile Master

• 41,784 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
It could be a problem with a bad SIM also, have you checked the SIM with another phone? and the phone with another SIM?

As calling is taking too much time, I would suggest you visit a Koodo kiosk, or koodo-related store and ask them to check on your SIM card.

jhtrainingservices

Again I went on to the phone lines and after 2 hours you get disconnected. I went into the Koodo store which for me is over an hour away they put the SIM card in their phone and again the Koodo Network came up but could not text. Because it is a prepaid sim card they could not do anything for me but sell me another one. So I came back home went on the phone again and this time I actually get through to a person after a call back in 2 hours. She could see that the SIM was there that my account was good so she reset the account and it worked. could not explain why it could not send or receive texts. Just glad after 3 weeks I finally have it working.
Photo of Mobile Scott

Mobile Scott

• 530 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Which phone do you have?

jhtrainingservices

Samsung galaxy 7.

jhtrainingservices

OK Koodo, you have done this again.  I'm on prepaid, and you have "Expired" my account.  Last time it took 3 weeks and numerous chat, and even a special trip to a Koodo store.  Finally, they had to reset my account.  What's up with this?