ACCESSING SERVICES WITHOUT PICTURE IDENTIFICATION

• Question
  • Updated 6 days ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

I am a long time good KOODO customer. Hoe do I now upgrade my broken phone when I do not have picture identification? I am able to answer any questions to prove I am who I say I am. PLEASE help me.
Photo of Marnie Shepherd

Marnie Shepherd

• 140 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 weeks ago

Photo of Timo Tuokkola

Timo Tuokkola, Mobile Master

• 141,702 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
How did you get an account in the first place without picture id? It's required for the credit check.
Photo of Elinor

Elinor

• 3,652 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
I have bought two phones from Koodo and opened 2 accounts and never have I been asked for photo ID. All online.
Photo of Bernard

Bernard, Official Rep

• 77,966 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Indeed Elinor. There is no photo ID request online, unless there is something amiss with your account. 
Photo of Dennis

Dennis, Mobile Master

• 192,072 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
If during delivery, you were not home (or if the delivery person assumed you were not home and didn't even make the effort to ring the door bell... It's happened to me from Canada post) you would need to pick up your package from the post office/depot, which would require photo ID
Photo of Dinh

Dinh, Mobile Master

• 37,952 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
hi Marnie,
You could  upgrade your phone in selfserve. Who told you that you needed a picture identification to access service?
(Edited)
Photo of Marnie Shepherd

Marnie Shepherd

When I accessed my last phone update three years ago, I did not show any ID. I want to upgrade my telephone at a kiosk, using my Interac not a credit card. I understand and appreciate KOODO wants to ensure my account is secure. I spoke with someone on the telephone today and was able to establish to her satisfaction that I was who I said I was by answering security questions but she was not able to tell me how I could translate that to getting a phone without the use of a credit card. I have been a customer for 10 years and I have to get a new phone or I cannot access my service. There MUST be a way I can prove who I am to the satisfaction of KOODO so I can get a phone. PLEASE HELP!

Photo of Timo Tuokkola

Timo Tuokkola, Mobile Master

• 141,602 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
To my knowledge, accessing your account at a koodo kiosk has ALWAYS required photo id. If a rep failed to ask for it the years ago, it means that rep needs to be coached on proper procedure, not that all reps need to do the same.
Photo of Dinh

Dinh, Mobile Master

• 37,422 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Marnie,

You could buy the phone outright and I don't think you need to have a credit card.

However, if you would like to have a Tab (considered it as an interest free loan), you need to have a credit check. https://www.koodomobile.com/help/credit-check-requirements It is a standard procedure for various carriers.
Photo of Bernard

Bernard, Official Rep

• 77,738 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
@Marnie, what name is the account under? Couldn't match one with the name that you used here. 

@Dinh, just a heads up Koodo stores do not sell phones outright, retailers have their own policy although it does vary from one to the next. 
Photo of Dinh

Dinh, Mobile Master

• 37,422 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
@Bernard: Yes, I meant the phones selling @ retail price on the shelf at the store (not  Koodo kiosks)
Photo of Dennis

Dennis, Mobile Master

• 191,524 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
How do you not have photo ID in the last 10 years?
Photo of Marnie Shepherd

Marnie Shepherd

In answer to Bernard's "@Marnie, what name is the account under? Couldn't match one with the name that you used here." I'm at marnie_shepherd@yahoo.ca.
Photo of Bernard

Bernard, Official Rep

• 77,738 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
@Marnie, you can certainly buy many of our phones online.  Plus, if you log into your account you should see that there is a $150 discount you would get by buying online.  
Photo of Marnie Shepherd

Marnie Shepherd

Thank you for your response.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.