AB 911 Government Fee

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
Why is there now an "AB 911 Government Fee" of 44 cents plus GST on my bill? This has appeared the last two months and has never appeared before. I never received any notice of this fee being added to my bill. I know it's small, but what gives?

Thanks!
Photo of Erin M.

Erin M.

• 70 Points

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Jonathan I

Jonathan I, Mobile Master

• 114,364 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
One of the employees here stated it was sent out in a notice to customers a month or so before it appeared but if you didn't see it... you do now lol. It's a mandatory fee in your province as of a few months ago.
Photo of Dennis

Dennis, Mobile Master

• 187,758 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
I never saw a notice either. However Jonathan is right. It's an Alberta provincial fee. Nothing Koodo or any carrier can do about it.

http://www.aema.alberta.ca/911.cfm
Photo of Ahmad

Ahmad

• 96,102 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
So you're saying it was no where to be seen on your e-bills? Because that's where they post them

I think customers just aren't looking at their complete e-bills and skip to the pages with the $ lol
Photo of Zaphod Beeblebrox

Zaphod Beeblebrox

• 50,798 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
That's exactly it, Ahmad. They see the amount owing and leave it at that...

Zaphod Beeblebrox

This notice was put on the bills (paper and e-bill) about 3 months ago.

http://community.koodomobile.com/kood...
Photo of Dennis

Dennis, Mobile Master

• 187,758 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Looking through my ebill, Yes it was noted on my March 14 ebill before the fee was charged,

On my April 14 ebill when the bill was charged there was no notice. It would be nice if the notice was left on the ebill for at least a couple of billing cycles when the charge is on your bill so you can reference it. Just makes it a little easier.

Usually only when the bill is different do you look at it in more detail. It doesnt help when the notice was on the previous bill that was consistent to your previous monthly charges

Zaphod Beeblebrox

"It would be nice if the notice was left on the ebill for at least a couple of billing cycles"

I could not agree more :)

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.