600Mb of data in 45 minutes?? while on wifi???????? HOW!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: 611 mentions

was at 50% data yesterday, while at work I got a text saying I was at 75% (while connected to wifi all day long at work) and within 45 minutes, another text said that I was over and approaching $50 of charges!!!!!!
Photo of Tyler Leavitt

Tyler Leavitt

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • frustrated and angry!

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Ahmad

Ahmad

• 96,102 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
If you works wifi makes you accept terms and conditions before connecting, like McDonalds, Starbucks, etc, than you weren't connected to WiFi all day. Also, make sure your wifi is set to stay on while sleeping. 
To dispute the charges, call Koodo at *611 from your Koodo phone
Photo of BobTheElectrician

BobTheElectrician

• 67,174 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Some Android phones have a feature called Smart Network Switch. Phone will jump to mobile data network if wifi signal deteriorates or if you are a guest in a public spot and exceed their logon limits.

Make sure this is deactivated unless you are involved in something mission critical.
(Edited)
Photo of Tyler Leavitt

Tyler Leavitt

regardless of the wifi aspect, it was over 600mb of data over 45 minutes, and upon further investigation, it was racked up in 15 minutes.
We called the *611 as suggested by Ahmad, and were able to get the charges removed as there was a major anomaly in the usage.
Photo of Robert

Robert, Mobile Master

• 106,774 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
600mb in 15 minutes is a lot, indeed unless you download something! Happy everything got solved
Photo of David

David, Mobile Master

• 93,430 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
A lot, but most newer phones can download more in less time. University of hard knocks.
Photo of Tyler Leavitt

Tyler Leavitt

Point is, it was OFF. No reason for any downloads of ANYTHING!
Photo of grampad

grampad

• 1,876 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Glad Koodo reversed the charge. To prevent this from happening on my device I have the data set to off and rarely turn it on as there's so many hot spots available. I turn it off as soon as I'm finished with it and let WiFi connect when it can.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.