500mb/500min Plan or "Lightweight" Plan?

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Wondering why I'm paying $45 for the old 500mb, 500min plan when the new "Lightweight" plan is only $38 and is essentially the same thing...? I use like 10 mb data so I essentially don't need it atm, is there any way I can save a cpl bucks by opting out of data usage?!
Photo of Matthew Chardonnay

Matthew Chardonnay

• 150 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Chad Burr

Chad Burr, Mobile Master

• 203,988 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
I f you want to take advantage of the new plans f you need to pay off your existing tab balance

Once you do, the new plans will be available to you
(Edited)
Photo of Fred C

Fred C

• 1,774 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Hi Matthew. Chad, Bob, Sophia, Melissa, Ahmed, Dennis, Ahmed, Dennis, Mathieu and others can explain all the ins and outs of the programs to you. I can't. I can only tell you what I did. I was on the monthly plan, I think $36 or so for 200 MB and 200 mins, BYOD. Like you I found that I was using a bare minimum of both. (you didn't say how many mins you use) I switched to prepaid. I got the base plan for $15, (which gives you unlimited texts) 500 minutes for $25 and 500 MB for $20. They threw in the sim ($20) so my initial bill was $60 plus tax. I got 100 extra mins and 10% of the base of $15 a month for auto credit card payment and the unused minutes and data roll over every month. (Which I like.) When they get low, you just buy a new booster. The $1.50 off per month accumulates and when you have enough you can use that for boosters (as I think Sophia told me). So like Chad said if you can see your way to paying off your tab, your options open up and prepaid might be another option for you. You have to do the math for yourself to see what you can save and still suit your needs.
Photo of Fred C

Fred C

Sorry Rikkster and Jonathon 1, I don't know how I forgot you guys.
Photo of Chad Burr

Chad Burr, Mobile Master

Who is Melissa?
Photo of Fred C

Fred C

Hi Chad, it should have been Mayumi. It was late when I posted that. My apologies to her.
Photo of Sophia

Sophia, Mobile Master

• 142,618 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Fred is probably new and doesn't know all the MM's exactly by name, Chad. There is a Melissa: http://community.koodomobile.com/peop...
Photo of Chad Burr

Chad Burr, Mobile Master

Well, I'll be darned.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.