3G / 4g / LTE problem on Samsung Galaxy S3 SGH-T999V

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: *611 or 1-866-995-6636 mentions

I switched my carrier to Koodo from wind yesterday and i realized that it is 3G network.my location (Toronto) is under 4G Lte coverage. So i was wondering how can i get 4G LTE network? is my phone capable with Koodo 4G? Wind 4G does work on my phone. (even koodo 3G is much much better than wind so-called 4G)
my plan is canada wide $50. thank you.
Photo of Lung Tak Kong

Lung Tak Kong

• 70 Points

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Rocky Balboa

Rocky Balboa

• 20,414 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Based on what you're asking it depends where you are as far as coverage goes. Some areas offer 3g while more populated areas like major cities will have 4G/LTE. So it not necessarily a spec in the phone but it's the question if there's LTE coverage where you are at that present time.
Photo of Paul Deschamps

Paul Deschamps, Mobile Master

• 199,438 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
You are in a LTE coverage area that's not the issue. The phone isn't compatible with Koodo's LTE frequency so nomatter where you are you won't get LTE.
Photo of Masood Qazi

Masood Qazi

• 10 Points
i purchase my phone from mobilicity and i unlock the phone. I used 4.4.2 kitkat and now i am running a custom rom 5.1.1.. i did it today. now i am getting 3g or 4g i am getting h+.. and instead of koodo i am getting telus on as network. apn says koodo. just wondering if i should call 611 or you can help. thanks
Photo of rikkster

rikkster, Mobile Master

• 66,988 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Which is HSPA+ (also called Evolved HSPA or 4G). The firmware for the custom ROM likely uses components from a TELUS firmware file. You're basically on you're own when it comes to modifying or customizing your phone. You may want to contact the developer of the ROM or check out XDA Developers for a solution.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.