WE ARE FROM AÙSTRIA

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
Hello, my brother and me are going to live half a year in Motreal in a few months. We would like to call each other and our Family in Austria. Is it possible to use our own iPhone 5S or do we have to buy a phone? we would just Need a SIM-Card. Thanks for answering!
Photo of Eva Be

Eva Be

• 70 Points

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Dennis

Dennis, Mobile Master

• 196,120 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
As long as your sim card is carrier unlocked and compatible with Koodo then getting a sim only is totally allowable
Photo of Camilo_A

Camilo_A

• 31,746 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi there...

As Dennis said, if your iPhone is unlocked, you will be able to use with Koodo, on top, you will be able to get a 10% discount on your monthly plan and you will have access to awesome plans!

To call Austria, you could have the LD saver for 3$ a month, you will get access to a rate of 0.05$/min...

Welcome!
Photo of Dennis

Dennis, Mobile Master

• 196,120 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
And if you decide to go prepaid, then 1 min international call = Deduct 5 talk minutes
Photo of Sophia

Sophia, Mobile Master

• 142,984 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
... and 5 talk minutes equals $0.25 per minute (with the purchase of the $25 booster) :)

However, for a family who wishes to be able to call each other within Canada, a regular plan might be better (calls are free for people on the same account). That combined with the $0.05 per minute to call back to Austria as Camilo mentioned, might make a plan a better choice in your case.

Welcome to Canada by the way!
Photo of Rocky Balboa

Rocky Balboa

• 20,414 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
http://help.koodomobile.com/getting-s... click here to check to see if your phone will work on Koodo's network. As for your long distance you can request a Long distance saver at $3 a month. This will provide you with a low rate of $0.05 per minute for Austria. To put icing on the cake since your bringing your own devices work and assuming your phones are compatibile you'd be eligible for a 10% discount on your monthly bills! NO CONTRACTS
Photo of Jorden

Jorden, Mobile Master

• 33,404 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
I could be wrong, but I'm 99% sure when it comes to 3G/HSPA all iPhone 5s are the same globally. It's the LTE that might not work, and in the topic creators case probably wont work.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.