300 MB for Kik and slightly web browsing monthly?

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
Hi there, I'm thinking of getting the Samsung Galaxy S4 with the 33$ plan, I was curious as to how it would it be handliing the app Kik for 300 mb?
Photo of Alis Nightcore

Alis Nightcore

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Paul Deschamps

Paul Deschamps, Mobile Master

• 203,666 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
The S4 is a great phone and will handle anything you throw at it very well. As far as 300mb being enough data well it really depends on what you do an how much, Kik probably doesn't use too much data but it depends how often you use it as well as Web browsing. You can always change your plan easily through your self serve account if you find that the one you have doesn't have enough data on a continuous basis or just pay the overage on the months you do go over.
Photo of Krisztina G

Krisztina G

Hi Paul is there anyway you can tell me the different or benefits between

Samsung to Iphone 5 c 

So far I did have Samsung and not much benefit on IPHONE 5c Other than everything you do and move its on your credit card..lol

Samsung  I use internet and seems more convenience just setting up my Wireless net from home  .

please respond and let me know if I should keep my Samsung or I phone is not a bad move ?

Photo of Paul Deschamps

Paul Deschamps, Mobile Master

• 203,666 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Hi Krisztina, I'd need to know exactly what model of Samsung phone you have presently to answer that for you. If you don't know what model it is you could pull the back cover off the phone and pull out the battery and I believe the model # should be on the device behind the battery.
Photo of Alis Nightcore

Alis Nightcore

I probably will do barely any web browsing to none, only if its important im mainly on Kik, and I wont be sending videos or images, just texting would that be fine?
Photo of rikkster

rikkster, Mobile Master

• 68,350 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Consider using Wi-Fi whenever and wherever possible to keep data usage to a minimum and 300 MB should be fine. I realize Kik is an alternative to the native messaging app found on your phone, but it requires data, (Wi-Fi or mobile data) to function, whereas the phones' built-in messaging app does not, other than to send MMS picture messages and the data used for MMS messages is not chargeable to you.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.