200 minute/$35 plan: shock-free data?

• Question
  • Updated 1 year ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: positive tab mentions

I'm currently on the 100 minute/100GB plan for $30/month.  I wanted to upgrade to the 200 minute/100GB plan for $35, but it looks as though it doesn't have shock-free data.  Every other plan available has shock-free data -- am I reading this correctly, or should the 200-min plan also have shock-free data?
Photo of Sarah

Sarah

• 160 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of Brent Foreman

Brent Foreman

• 774 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
What province is this in? I don't see it in Ontario. I'd be interested in this plan.
Photo of Dennis

Dennis, Mobile Master

• 196,026 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Hi Sarah,

I am looking on the Koodo website and I do not see the plan you are refering to
https://www.koodomobile.com/rate-plans

What province are you in?

All plans on the Koodo website with data, will always include Shock Free Data
Photo of titaniumtux

titaniumtux

• 12,952 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Quick question on that topic...plans available to OP and anyone else on the old tab system...will those plans forever be available to them, as long as they remain on their current terms of service, or do those plans change periodically as well?
Photo of Dennis

Dennis, Mobile Master

• 196,026 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Honestly Im surprised those even display since OP is on a SFD plan, which would have required moving to the new Tab system
Photo of titaniumtux

titaniumtux

• 12,952 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
@Dennis: agreed. Very strange.
Photo of Mayumi

Mayumi, Mobile Master

• 115,056 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Ohhh, good catch Dennis.  Yes, OP has a SFD plan(I missed it).

Other plans included SFD in this picture, so $35 plan should have SFD as well.
Photo of Sarah

Sarah

Thanks to everyone for their input. I've only been a Koodo customer since January, so I feel it's unlikely I'm on an old Tab plan. On the other hand, when I tried to switch to the 200 minute plan, I got a warning that my current 100 min plan would not be available if I wanted to switch back - this is the reason I went back and reviewed the terms more closely. And yes, every other plan has SFD (apart from the PPU plans), except the 200 minute one. Very odd.
I think I'll send them a private message and see if they can help. Will post an update if it gets sorted.
Thanks again.
Photo of Sarah

Sarah

Hi all,

Just an update -- I contacted Koodo through a private message.  It turns out that the 200 minute plan is indeed SFD like the rest of the plans listed, so I've switched over.

Thanks again for your help!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.