1-289-680-4001, who is this?

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
I keep getting a call from this number, every day, since i got this phone in June. 1-289-680-4001. Is says 'New Voicemail' and to dial the number, but when i check the voicemail there is nothing. Is this Koodo phoning? Should I dial the number? How do I stop it? It won't clear from notifications and I have to FORCE STOP it, which creates other issues that I have to reset. Then they call the next day.
Photo of Joel Brittain

Joel Brittain

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Marcus Fenix

Marcus Fenix

• 15,752 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
I googled the number, here's what comes up: http://whocallsme.com/Phone-Number.as...
Photo of Timo Tuokkola

Timo Tuokkola, Mobile Master

• 136,982 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
That's a koodo VM access number. It should be coming through as a VM indicator but it sounds like the phone is misinterpreting the message. If you get this constantly with no new messages in your vm then the Message Waiting Indicator on Koodo's end is probably stuck. Call tech support from a different line and let them know you have a stuck voicemail indicator.
Photo of Jo Morello

Jo Morello

• 60 Points
Thanks Timo! ... but ...what if koodo isn't your provider?  Next step?  I've gotten this message many times, just got another one today at 1:38pm Oct 20-15