100 or 77 min on Canada Talk & Text 20?

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: no longer relevant

I signed my $20 contract with 100 min in March 2013.
Today the koodo app shows that i only have 77min total (30 used + 47 unused)

Can they change the contract without customer agreement or just a bug from the Koodo app?

Also, in/out texting in the contract said to be unlimited but i'm not sure if it's really free since sometimes i see being charged for texting (not sending picture message).
Photo of Huong Lam

Huong Lam

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Camilo_A

Camilo_A

• 31,032 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi there... The system determined a billing cycle for you, so if the system is showing you 77 min is because those are the minutes you have since the day you signed up until the end of your billing cycle... Then when your billing cycle re-starts, then you will see the total allotment of minutes, in this case for you will be 100 min....

When you change your plan before the billing cycle ends, the new plan will never give you the total allotment, this will be prorated (divided) accordingly to the days left on your billing cycle...

And about texting, it is included on your plan, so there should not be any charges for those text messages... Check you bill again and if you spot something weird, you may feel free to call Customer service and get a double explanation of this...
Photo of Huong Lam

Huong Lam

Thanks for quick answer, Camilo.

Perhaps because i've recently changed the phone # (not the plan) via koodo web site, what showing today (77 min) is what i can use for my new phone #. I'll wait until the next biling cycle to see if it will go back to 100 min.

Do you have any info about texting?
Photo of Camilo_A

Camilo_A

Oh...That explains everything... Since you changed your plan, then the bill is prorated... But no worries, once your billing cycle starts again, you will see the total allotment...

About the texts, can you tell us exactly what you see on your bill? What kind of charges do you see? Does it says Content Subscription? or says for example Text sent and then in front you see charges...? Give us more details please...
Photo of Huong Lam

Huong Lam

I tried to log in Koodo web to see the previous bill but it doesn't work (both with Firefox and Chrome). Getting "The page isn't redirecting properly".

Thanks for help anyway.
Photo of Camilo_A

Camilo_A

Try tomorrow Huong, the systems are under maintenance so you may not be able to get into Self Serve...

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.