1000 international minutes

• Question
  • Updated 7 months ago
  • Answered
I am currently using the plan $50, am I eligible to get the international 1000 mins, or do I need to upgrade my plan? I saw lots reply said only the phone upgrade can get the promotion, so, do i have to get a new phone from koodo, or I can buy a new phone somewhere else.  btw, does China included in the international 1000 mins range?
Photo of Kevin Li

Kevin Li

• 216 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Chadwick

Chadwick, Mobile Master

• 33,092 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
It is indeed for new customers who upgrade. Sorry about that. And u must buy it from Koodo to upgrade. Or it won't count as an upgrade.
Photo of Kevin Li

Kevin Li

• 216 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
thx for the comments, just one more thing, my girl friend is also using koodo, she needs a new phone right now, so, if i buy a new phone from koodo and let she use it, will it work?
Photo of Goran

Goran, Mobile Master

• 92,804 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
So long as it's on your line that you get the phon then absolutely. You can do whatever you want with the phone so long as you pay for it, outright or with tab.
Photo of Dennis

Dennis, Mobile Master

• 189,544 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Upgrade the phone plus choose the selected plan that qualifies for the LD minutes 
Photo of Joanna Peters

Joanna Peters

• 210 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I tried making a call to Australia but it wont go through operator says international call is unable..how can i make a call?
Photo of Goran

Goran, Mobile Master

• 97,236 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Yes China is included in the 1000 minutes, including Hong Kong and Taiwan.
I got a new connection today for that international minutes . However, i do not see any information about that in my plan on the website ! I did not buy a new phone , though ! Do i need a phone from koodo to qualify for int . LD calls ?
Photo of Chadwick

Chadwick, Mobile Master

• 33,092 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
No dial 611 from your phone. You have two options. Wait on hold or listen for the prompt to have an agent call you back.
Photo of Yu Ning

Yu Ning

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
My plan includes 1000 minutes of international calls free. Since one or two months ago, this service is no longer available. Who knows why ?
Photo of Dinh

Dinh, Mobile Master

• 38,658 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
hi Yu,
Did you change your plan? what notice did you receive from Koodo before the removal of it?
Photo of Yu Ning

Yu Ning

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I did not receive any notice from Koodo for the removal.

The worst thing is that I just inadvertently deleted the add-on of 1000 Int'l minutes from my plan. A few minutes ago, I followed Koodo robot's instruction, I tried to manage my adds-on in hope to have the add-on reactivated, it was in fact a deleting of the add-on. I think I need to speak with Koodo's representative tomorrow. 
Photo of Mayumi

Mayumi, Mobile Master

• 113,860 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
I'm confused...
You said  "Since one or two months ago, this service (1000 minutes of international calls) is no longer available." first.
Then also said " I just inadvertently deleted the add-on of 1000 Int'l minutes from my plan."

As Azure asked, did you change your plan reentry?