100% battery before bed powered phone off. Wake up to a very low battery or dead phone. WHY?

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
I have a Samsung Galaxy 4, not even a year old . I will power it off before going to bed and it's at 100%. In the moring it's either dead or very low. Once it is charged the time and date are all messed up. Last week was June 18, today is Nov 22. Anyone else have problems like this or have suggestions?? Thanks
Photo of Brittany Bonnar

Brittany Bonnar

• 70 Points
  • frustrated

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Jonathan I

Jonathan I, Mobile Master

• 114,344 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
I've seen this happen sometimes. I had it happen when I had the S III a few years ago.

The date and time thing is weird. Go to Settings > Date & Time and make sure both auto update and automatic time zone are ticked on.

For the battery drain, remove the battery and SIM card for at least 5 minutes. Put everything back together. Then charge the phone up to 100%. Use it for the rest of the day. Plug it in when you go to bed, or even earlier, so it's at 100% when you sleep again. See what happens the next morning.

If it fixes itself, then it was a one off battery glitch. You need to turn your phone off every so often. Like humans, computerized devices actually need sleep too.

If it persists, try contacting Koodo for warranty service (better yet go to a kiosk if you have one nearby) because it may be the phone not holding a charge or the battery crapping out and you'd be covered by warranty. You're gonna need a loaner phone while it's sent out for repair and you'll lose everything on the phone, so make sure you save any important files first.
(Edited)

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.