1 888 . not included in my plan although i have unlimited across canada long distance. Why ? the number is for OPP (police)

• Question
  • Updated 8 months ago
Photo of Wendy Smith

Wendy Smith

• 112 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 11 months ago

Photo of Wendy Smith

Wendy Smith

The number is a non emergency direct link number to police . Absolutely appalling if they don't change this !
Photo of Sophia

Sophia, Mobile Master

• 141,558 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
What do you mean? You are not able to call that number?
Photo of Wendy Smith

Wendy Smith

Nope cant call the number direct to closest OPP station !! You can call 911 but its the dispatch ( 200 miles away ) Its a 1-888 number which should be free.
(Edited)
Photo of Sophia

Sophia, Mobile Master

Sorry accidentally deleted my previous post, but see reply below - you still need minutes even though the number is toll free otherwise. Hence you need to buy a booster first.
Photo of Goran

Goran, Mobile Master

• 91,222 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Toll free numbers are only toll free for land lines technically. However, if you have unlimited nationwide minutes then you will not get chafged extra for making the call. What made you think otherwise?
Photo of Wendy Smith

Wendy Smith

What made me think it is i tried it ! I have Canada wide base plan,,but it will not complete ANY 888 or 800 number. I was also told by Koodo rep its extra!
Photo of Sophia

Sophia, Mobile Master

You need a booster to call any other number than 911, Wendy. Even toll free numbers still use up minutes, and if you don't have minutes, you can't call them. Hope that clarifies your question!