"Your service has been suspended due to suspicious usage. Call *611 to restore"

• Question
  • Updated 9 months ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: archiving 611

Title is a message I received the day after I bought my first mobile phone from a Koodo stand. I called *611 and got a telus email to send my information to and after a week still have NOT gotten a reply! Is there someone, a human being I can call to get my issue resolved? Koodo keeps telling me to email the telus email and seem inept at solving my problem. I have attached my number to resumes and need it unblocked now!
Photo of David Allen MacDonald

David Allen MacDonald

• 94 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
  • angry

Posted 9 months ago

Photo of Dinh

Dinh, Mobile Master

• 42,256 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
What type of phone was it and where did you buy it? did anyone help you to activate the phone and you had receipts of it?

Telus and Koodo, although same company but they had different customer supports. If you call 611 and Telus responded, it might be a Telus phone, not Koodo.
(Edited)
Photo of Erwin

Erwin

• 23,576 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hey David,

One of my friend actually had this same issue a few months ago. What happened is that it is now in fraud department, they may ask more proof of identification such as your drivers license, etc. I think it is triggered if you do multiple activations in a day. My friend went to a reseller and tried to get an account from Telus, Rogers, Koodo, and Virgin at the same time. Because his credit is not the best he was placed on the spending limit on all of them. I would call in to customer service again and see if there are any update.
I already Emailed the fraud company almost a week ago now with the requested information and nothing has happened, and I have not been contacted. Customer service seems completely unable to help.
Photo of Sophia

Sophia, Mobile Master

• 142,994 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Yeah, unfortunately that is standard procedure in a situation like that... in order to protect you and your plan, you have a wait it out I'm afraid :(
Photo of Erwin

Erwin

• 23,576 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Honestly, the entire process took a few days when the ID’s are submitted. I think he waited 3 business days. It could be less for you because all the ID’s he needed was in Alberta with his mom and he lives in B.C. His mom literally have to submitted the forms for him through fax.
Photo of You-Know-Who

You-Know-Who

• 140 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
It is not a "fraud company." It is TELUS Fraud Management Team at TELUS International Philippines. Koodo or TELUS customer service can't help you other than what they already told you. What timeframe did they give you? There are some people you can contact to speed it up but I think they should only be contacted in exceptional circumstances.
They didn't give me a timeline, just beat around giving me a time for fifteen minutes.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.