"Connection failed" - can't connect by Bluetooth on Alcatel a392a

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
I'm trying to send a video from my alcatel a392a phone to a laptop. The laptop shows up on the phone's device list, and it shows we're connected with bluetooth, but the phone won't connect when I ask it to. It says "Connection failed".
Photo of doggoneright

doggoneright

• 790 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Jonathan I

Jonathan I, Mobile Master

• 114,404 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
I'm not sure if this feature is supported by the phone/laptop. You might have to connect the phone to the laptop with a USB cord and transfer it that way.
Photo of doggoneright

doggoneright

What do you mean by 'this feature'?
Photo of Jonathan I

Sending video over Bluetooth to the laptop. Maybe the file size of the video is too big to send, or the drivers on the laptop don't allow this (it could just be for mice/keyboard peripherals). There's a lot of variables here.

Do you have the USB cable that came in the box with the phone? It should allow you to connect the phone that way and transfer files like a flash drive or something of that nature. This is the best I can assist with since I don't have the phone in front of me to troubleshoot further.
Photo of doggoneright

doggoneright

The USB cable works fine for charging the phone, but when I plug it into the laptop, all that happens is the phone charges!

Ah well. The world will be forever deprived of my opus, is all. No biggie.
Photo of doggoneright

doggoneright

There's a send by bluetooth option on the phone, and no mention of the file being too big. The trouble, as I said, is connecting.
Photo of Jonathan I

Like I said, this might not be supported. The drivers on the laptop might not allow certain devices to connect; it could be setup for peripherals only. Or maybe the Bluetooth version on the phone doesn't allow the connection to the laptop. I don't have a laptop of my own to test this.

Have you tried the USB method yet? This might not be worth the hassle of trying to do this over Bluetooth. I've found Bluetooth great for audio streaming and phone calls but poor for file transfers.
(Edited)