$ 77 billing on a $28 100MB 200 min Plan...

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: 1-866-995-6636

hi, I had taken a koodo monthly $28 100MB 200 min Plan on June 5 and I have got billed $77. while my usage was under 200 min and data usage well under 100MB. Bill has additional usage charges of $ 34 and partial usage of another $7. can someone pls help clarify.
Photo of Mohit

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Jonathan I

Jonathan I, Mobile Master

• 114,344 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Partial charges are normal for first bills because they have proration, which is charges from the day you signed up until your cycle date + the regular month. Then add taxes, and it can be a bit higher than normal.

However, the additional usage sounds like you went over minutes or data. An unfortunate side effect of proration is that it also reduces the minutes you have in your plan for that time frame.

You have 200 minutes. Divide that by 30, which is 6.6666666666~. Times that by the number of days in between when you activated up to your cycle date, and that's how many minutes you had for those days, which makes it rather easy to go over. Data isn't prorated and the first 10 days or so give you a bit of leeway protection built in so people don't get bill shock.

Page 3 of your bill will explain where those extra charges came from in detail - maybe it was long distance use outside of Canada, we don't know - and page 4 or 5 should have your call logs so you can see which ones charged you.

If you want to discuss the bill with a rep, call customer service at 1-866-995-6636 or *611 from your phone. It doesn't cost anything nor does it use up any minutes.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.