$7 protection protection plan raised to $11

• Question
  • Updated 9 months ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

When I became a new customer at Koodo in April 2017 ago, I got the protection plan that was $7. Recently, for my September bill I see that the protection plan cost is raised to $11. Is there any reason for this?
Photo of Micah Greene

Micah Greene

• 164 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 10 months ago

Photo of Ranjan

Ranjan, Official Rep

• 31,446 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi Micah - the monthly charge for Koodo Phone Protection has increased as of Oct. 1st. a message was included in your August bill notifying all customers of this change - see below. It's actually now $9 (The other $2 you're referencing may be related to a monthly data add-on you have on your account). Hope that helps. 
Photo of Micah Greene

Micah Greene

• 164 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Thanks for the clarification :)
Photo of Ashley

Ashley

• 1,420 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
I think that is B.S, it's bad enough we get crappy plans that are not offered in the Nova Scotia province but now we have to pay more for protection; how about offer us (in the Atlantic province) some of the same plans Quebec or Saskatchewan gets? I would love to pay the same $50 a month for 5-6GB of data instead of 1 damn GB Im doing now, and don't say its because of other phone companies bc if you wanted it to happen you could make it happen!
Photo of Erwin

Erwin

• 23,576 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
I could say the same too for Alberta, but unfortunately, there is no regional carriers to compete with in our provinces that can “make it happen.”
I don't feel the cost should be increased - PERIOD!  If they wanted to raise the price as of Oct 1st, then that should be reflected on new customers only.    
Photo of Ashley

Ashley

• 1,420 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
agreed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.