$50 Gift Card promo last week on HTC One M8 changed to $100 this week upon activation. Any chance of reimbursement or additional credit?

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)
Bought HTC One M8 from BestBuy Mobile last week during the free $50 gift card promo. The promo is now changed to a $100 gift card. Is it possible to receive an additional $50 credit or gift card? Otherwise, could I not just refund my purchase and repurchase this week? Or is this an issue I should bring up with BestBuy Mobile instead?
Photo of kennytko

kennytko

• 132 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Camilo_A

Camilo_A

• 31,032 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi there... Prices and promotions change without any notice...

It is like when u put gas in your car and then the day after you see it drops by some cents, hard to get a price match right?

But in this case if you feel like going through a return process to get the extra 50$, it is really up to u... What you have to ask is if the gift card u got was only because it was a new activation or because it was an upgrade...
Photo of Mathieu

Mathieu, Mobile Master

• 60,828 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
I don't think there is a way to get the new activation present. Since you activated with a 50$ new activation gift, you can't get a new new activation gift as it will no longer be a new activation. You really shouldn't be that disappointed, I have been with Koodo  for years and never got any activation or renewal present, so take what you already got and be happy. 
Photo of Ivan

Ivan, Mobile Master

• 96,382 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Since the promo was through BestBuy, you'd have to bring this up with them. I don't know what their policy is in this situation.

BestBuy sometimes doesn't limit gift cards to new activations.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.