$5/100 US texts was charged to me twice...

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: 1-866

I was charged $5 last month on my bill for roaming text charges, as I was in New York, and I paid it, but I was charged again this month (although I did not go over the 100 texts for $5!) and I'm wondering where I can go to ask about getting a refund on this month's bill. Thanks
Photo of Valerie Jones

Valerie Jones

• 120 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Mathieu Carrier

Mathieu Carrier

• 4,124 Points 4k badge 2x thumb
Well its 5$ per bucket of 100 sms so the second you use 1 sms you are charged 5$. I would recommend for you to call customer service so that they can take a look on the bill to see if there was an error.
Photo of Ivan

Ivan, Mobile Master

• 96,634 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Is a 611 call free while roaming?
Photo of Robert

Robert, Mobile Master

• 106,744 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
No its not
Photo of Mathieu Carrier

Mathieu Carrier

• 4,124 Points 4k badge 2x thumb
No it is not free, 611 will cause roaming charges however the 1-866-995-6636 will not.
Photo of David

David, Mobile Master

• 93,430 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Were you in New York across a billing period? If so, you would be charged a second fee on the first text sent after your new billing period started.
Photo of Robert

Robert, Mobile Master

• 106,774 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Were you at the end of a billing cycle.maybe? And you used for example 20 texts on first billing and 20 on the second. Therefore it's 2x5$

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.