$30 plan, 100 MB data limit

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
I purchased the $30 plan for my daughter. Koodo rep tells me that she will not be able to exceed the 100 mB limit and incur charges as the data is automatically disabled once the 100 MB is reached. This is what I want, but I did not see anything in the contract which confirms this. Is this the case?
Photo of tom vogel

tom vogel

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Paul Deschamps

Paul Deschamps, Mobile Master

• 199,560 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Yes it's a pilot project and the $30 plan is the only plan that actually has this feature.
Photo of tom vogel

tom vogel

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Thanks Paul.
By the way....did I mention that I really, really like this feature!
Photo of Paul Deschamps

Paul Deschamps, Mobile Master

• 199,560 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Here's exactly how it works.

You will received texts when you reach 50 and 90% of data consumption limit like on any plan with koodo, but then with this plan you will receive a text at 100% and data will then be blocked.

You will be given the option to continue with data consumption if you wish with two options.

1- continue at the overage rate for your specific $30 plan

2- continue consuming data at a rate of $20 for 1gb of data.

If you wish to not continue using data past your monthly allotment then just don't choose either option and you will have no overages.
(Edited)
Photo of Mitchell Palmater

Mitchell Palmater

• 12,976 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
One small detail about this is incorrect.
Since your data is blocked at 100 mb they increased overage charges to $10 for 100 mb. Otherwise exactly right.
Photo of Renee Back

Renee Back

• 132 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Is this still the case for the 30 dollar, 100 MB data plan? I was not told about this, but I love the idea as it is exactly what I'm looking for.
(Edited)
Photo of 5s

5s

• 7,186 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
You can view all the plans, on the newly designed KOODO WEBSITE.
Photo of Renee Back

Renee Back

Thanks Steve, but that really doesn't help. I don't see this pilot program mentioned on the site. So my question is, is the pilot program still going and is everyone on this plan automatically enrolled.
Photo of 5s

5s

Closest I see to what you described is under Canada Wide Talk &Text with just minutes and text. @ $29.00 per month, with 300 minutes and unlimited messaging. No data and no pay per use data. + tax
(Edited)
Photo of Renee Back

Renee Back

I hoping someone from Koodo can comment...
Photo of 5s

5s

Well since its not posted on the web site, its no longer offered.
Photo of 5s

5s

Hold up there Slick.

I'm a Koodo CUSTOMER!

NO KOODO CUSTOMERS should not have to "ASK ABOUT SECRET SPECIAL PIOLT PROGRAMS".

KOODO has a " WHATS NEW" web page. A Koodo Customer should reasonably expect to be able to go to that web page and view "what's new".

Not even the common COMMON CURTIOUSY to advised Existing Customers about the Web Changes, in advance, using the " WHATS NEW" web page and or any other means.

No, not Koodo. The "WHATS NEW" web page is about, cooking straight bacon and every other UNRELATED thing they jam in, DATING back to 2013.

And when a KOODO CUSTOMER inquires and/or makes suggestions of change, to update "WHATS NEW" its all fun and games by Mobile Masters comments and SILENT NO COMMENT KOODO STAFF.

In fact Koodo is so secret with the customer that a customer has to be in a Mall, waiting for his wife to finish Christmas shopping, before he can find out that KOODO is running a 6G/$60.00 plan.

I'm a KOODO CUSTOMER, if I can't find a plan on the we site, IT DOES NOT EXIST IN THE CUSTOMERS MIND.

Mitchell Palmater

It is on the website.
Right under plans.
But thanks for all that info i think

Mitchell Palmater

ALSO: In most provinces there is no 6Gb 60 dollar plan.
The plans are different in different parts of the country.
So just keep that in mind before letting someone know it simply does not exist.
Thanks =]
Photo of 5s

5s

Absolutely Not.
Read the post title. "$30 plan, 100MB data limit" that is not the plan described on the web page.

"automatically disabled once 100MG is reach"
Is aslo not described on the web page, where I looked for this plan.

In fact, according to the customer, HE CANT EVEN FIND IT IN HIS WRITTEN CONTRACT, but regardless the Koodo CUSTOMER had to resort to this community for contractual confirmation.

Again, there is no $30plan on the Koodo website that, lists a "100mg limit" and "automatically disables once the 100mg is reached".

To bloody bad for Koodo, given the parents putting first time phones, in their children's hands, to teach them basic phone ownerships, without costing outrages overage costs, to the parents.

And your welcome for the rest of it also, because its the same unaddressed problem, which is NOT A SECRET TO KOODO CUSTOMERS.
(Edited)
Photo of Renee Back

Renee Back

The plan that we are all referring to is on the website. I was just googling to see if there was some kind of option to limit data and found myself here. I was just wanting confirmation on the feature that data is automatically disabled once the 100 MB was reached. I'm well aware that I can always go over my cap if I choose to.  It is true that the 100mb limit feature is not listed on the website. Hence I reached out to the koodo community and received my answer. Thank you koodo community. 
Photo of Renee Back

Renee Back

It has never been posted on the website, it was apparently a pilot project. That's why I'm asking in the koodo community. This thread is only 2 months old. I hoping someone from Koodo can answer.

Mitchell Palmater

Just answered in the post above.
Just would like to add that overage after you remove the block is charged at 10$ per 100mb
Photo of Renee Back

Renee Back

Thanks Mitchell. Also good to know about the overage charge.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.