$150 off any phone?

• Question
  • Updated 1 year ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: positive tab mentions

I been a koodo customer for about 4-5 years and I want to switch phones from my nexus 5 to the google pixel. I remember back when I got my phone, I got $150 off because of the tab. Do they still do that without having to pay an extra monthly charge or no?

Thanks!
Photo of Shawn Edward

Shawn Edward

• 1,462 Points 1k badge 2x thumb

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of Paul Deschamps

Paul Deschamps, Mobile Master

• 199,448 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
No your paying for the entire price of the phone just separated into payments each month over the next 24 months. That said you can still find deals on phones from Koodo every now and then that sometimes take the cost down up to a couple hundred dollars you'll just have to keep an eye out for those sales.
Photo of Ivan

Ivan, Mobile Master

• 96,382 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
You may have accumulated a positive tab balance. Koodo no longer does this, but since you were a Koodo customer when they used to, it may apply to your case. What does your bill say about your tab balance?
Photo of Bernard

Bernard, Official Rep

• 75,560 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
@Shawn, technically you never got $150 off at no cost for the phone via the tab. You paid it off via your plan. In the past the cost of that $150 was built into our plans. The rise SIM only customers (ones that had their own phone) necessitated to switch out our old model to a fairer financing structure that we currently have. It's simple easier to understand and you decide how much you want to put down for your phone. Per Ivan above check if you have accumulated any positive tab that can be redeemed towards a future purchase. 
Photo of Shawn Edward

Shawn Edward

• 1,462 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
It says $17.75, does that mean I have that much off a phone?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.