$150, Koodo disconnected me! I have been with Koodo past 3 years! Bill due Apr20th..every time paid in full! oh well time for new carrier!

• Idea
  • Updated 3 months ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

For $150, Koodo disconnected me! I have been with Koodo past 3 years! Bill due Apr20th..every time paid in full! oh well time for new carrier!
Photo of Kathy Ng

Kathy Ng

• 122 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • not flexible working w/ Client on a long term!

Posted 3 months ago

Photo of Paul Deschamps

Paul Deschamps, Mobile Master

• 202,976 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Is this $150 for a single month? If not then that's why is you can't go multiple months without paying or they will disconnect you nomatter how much it is owing as they don't want bill to get too high to make it harder for ppl who are actually having financial trouble to get too deep. Not saying you just in general why this is done if that's the case.

Your sure you've been disconnected?
(Edited)
Photo of Dennis

Dennis, Mobile Master

• 195,850 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Try rebooting your phone.  It might be a network issue if this is your first time paying late and it's only been 3 days late
Photo of Mats

Mats

• 21,210 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
I doubt they would cut you off for being 3 days late on your bill unless you have had issues paying your bill on time in the past.

Anyways the link below explains past due accounts.

https://www.koodomobile.com/help/past-due-bill
Photo of Kathy Ng

Kathy Ng

hi Paul, thanks for a quick response! 2 months and in the past when I was oversea it went like 3 months and nothing happened but now it is disc... "7UT1 your phone is not activated on the network please call Client Care for more information" ... Should interest penalty apply when late etc...?  instead of two months CAD $150.00 seriously ... you know in this economy !
Photo of Dennis

Dennis, Mobile Master

You need to pay your bills on time.  2 months behind and with a history that you were 3 months behind previously.... Im not surprised your got cut off.  With that history I (personally) would consider you a high risk customer and hedge my bets by cutting you off before incurring a higher outstanding amount owing.
Photo of Timo Tuokkola

Timo Tuokkola, Mobile Master

• 142,436 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Just out of curiosity, if your employer routinely failed to pay you for 2-3 months in a row, how long would you continue to faithfully show up to work every day?
Photo of Kathy Ng

Kathy Ng

hi Timo Tuokkola, I agreed with you! However, I am just saying how about growing with Client !? ppl lives go up & down and it is not like I have been owing a lot !  ...if you look the time that I posted this blog until now how many ppl answered it etc.. cloud time & response etc... it already costed $150! lol just saying a company has to learn too their Customer behavior habit etc... in order to determine them to be delinquent !!!

Photo of Timo Tuokkola

Timo Tuokkola, Mobile Master

• 142,436 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Sounds to me like they HAVE learned your behaviour. If they don't cut off your service, you will wait three months to pay your bill. Since Koodo, like any other business, wants bills to be paid in a timely manner, they have acted accordingly.
Also, other than Ranjan, all of the people who have responded are customers. We don't work for koodo.
(Edited)
Photo of Kathy Ng

Kathy Ng

Also, I can't find Client Care phone number to call!
Photo of Dennis

Dennis, Mobile Master

1-866-995-6636
Photo of Mats

Mats

• 21,210 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
*611 from your Koodo phone will work even if its disconnected.
Photo of Kathy Ng

Kathy Ng

Hi Dennis, thanks so much for your reply... ppl Client Care automation # 1-866-995-6636 it works ... there will be a charge of CAD $35.00 to reconnect my phone for 4 days delayed payment!!!  lol  thanks goodness I am not locked in !!! need to go shopping now....
Photo of Kathy Ng

Kathy Ng

Thanks Mats, I did not know about *611 even if its disconnected.
Photo of Ranjan

Ranjan, Official Rep

• 30,068 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi Kathy - is this for the number ending in 08? If so, we haven't received payment since February, which is why the account was suspended.
You'll need to make a payment for the full amount owing, plus a $35 reconnection fee. You can dial #227 from your phone to make/confirm payment, or speak with our billing department if need be. 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.